Round 12 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by AndrewW, Jun 6, 2011.

1. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

Is Broughton a good DEF upgrade?

coming off scores of 120 and 113

2. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Yes I think he has come back into contention after a very quiet start to the season.. Swallow (Nth) was on fire today and must be considered too.

3. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Broughton played a bit in the middle today, which is promising. I've had him since round 1, so it's nice he finally seems to pumping out scores to his potential.

Is he a good upgrade? I don't know, depends on who you already have, and how much cash you have to spend.

4. Fez

Fez Moderator

Round12 could be a non trade round for me, mids rucks are complete back upgrades involve saint n pie so wait after bye and my fwd upgrade involves Sylvia who I might wait for that 30 to get out of his rolling average

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Broughton would be the main upgrade target for everyone this week. Darling will be issue if he gets suspended.

Be careful chasing last weeks points!!

6. weazel

weazel Member

will broughts continue to get mid time when the cavalry return?

7. jibba

jibba Member

I'm going to go Matera-> Didak & Swallow -> Premium Mid (Priddis/Ablett/Pendles/Murphy/etc)

Might just get on Watson if he's back as I am a bomber's support. :D

8. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Barlow back could hurt Broughton, definite role change behind his scoring improvement.

Double upgrade time for me - Lower > Newman & Darling > Fyfe :) nom nom nom

9. aronl

aronl New Member

thinking sandi for vardy with cox and smith doing well and free up some $$ to upgrade hartlett or d swallow to ablett? plus some change

10. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Hows Barlows return going to affect Fyfe though Griff?? Wont be as much midfield time for him aswell.

11. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

I'm gonna go d swallow > marc murphy this week I think, I like his style. gonna do a downgrade in the forward line to get the cash....was gonna get rid of matera but might offload darling depending what happens there

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

matera is meant to be out next week still, isn't he? It would suck if Darling was rubbed out (for SC, anyway) as he has the two SA teams coming up.

13. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

I have been overseas for 3 weeks, So I dont know about any real downgrades. Im thinking Darling > J. Tippett. As I have Cox Sandilands Petrie and Z.Smith all in the ruck. Then most likely Lower> ???

14. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Can I pick the brains of a few geniuses? Going for an MPP F/M and my candidates are: ROK, Fyfe, Sylvia, or Chappie.
    I am suss on ROK's consistency, Fyfe's shoulder, Sylvia's knee, and Chappie's whole body (and the fact that he has a bye week 2 of finals)
    What are the opinions of those cleverer than me? (I'm talking about you)

15. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Pecks on June 6, 2011, 00:11
    Can I pick the brains of a few geniuses? Going for an MPP F/M and my candidates are: ROK, Fyfe, Sylvia, or Chappie.
    I am suss on ROK's consistency, Fyfe's shoulder, Sylvia's knee, and Chappie's whole body (and the fact that he has a bye week 2 of finals)
    What are the opinions of those cleverer than me? (I'm talking about you)
    </blockquote>
    I will be looking at those 4 in two weeks as my last upgrade needed. O'Keefe has the lead because...

A. Chappy/Johnson has finals bye
    B. Fyfe's shoulder really did look bad against Hawthorn and...
    C. I don't trust Sylvia and the last two weeks have justified that.

Roughy has pleasantly surprised me this year and should be considered as well. I have a couple weeks to get a clearer picture though.

For me this week it's most likely...

Lower to Fisher
    Duigan to Newman

and then next week Darling to Pavlich.

This will complete my team with only 1 forward to upgrade.

16. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Considering only a downgrade trade this week, give the new cows to moo a bit more. Fraser to Vardy.

But the backline scares me, with only one player each week scoring 100+. Hopefully it'll turn around

17. DC

DC Member

Those with Harris would think about moving him on with his BE very high now (Unless you are planning to keep him of course)

Deledio/Newman would also be on a lot of peoples cards going for leagues with there last bye in the multi round!

As much as I would like to save my trades I could easily up Duigan to Deledio

18. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Planning to upgrade my last midfielder this week. Got 11 trades left:

Back:
    Deledio, Shaw, Goddard, Gibbs, Broughton, Lower, Puopolo (Hibberd, Toy, Jacobs)

Midfield:
    Pendlebury, Swan, Thomspon, Judd, Selwood, Libba (Heppell, Harris, Wallis)

Ruck:
    Cox, Smith (Sandilands, McCauley)

Forward:
    Pavlich, Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, J. Riewoldt, Riolo, Krakouer (Darling, Lynch, Mzungu)

I have bolded the upgrades I need to make. 2 in the back and 1 in the midfield and 1 up forward.

Lower has been handy and happy to leave him last for my back line. Though still need another backmen.

I wanted to complete my forward line fight, so I think I may do the final upgrade there this week.

I'm thinking Libba > Boyd

I got Thompson last week, and didn't have the best debut in my side. I am spewing that I didn't go Ablett instead, but that's chasing points and hopefully Thompson comes good.
    Boyd didn't have a great week as well, but thinking I should go Boyd this week. Unless someone has a better option than Boyd as my last midfield spot, but I had my eyes on him.

In my forward line, I wanted to upgrade but there is just uncertainty with my last upgrade up forward now.

Chapman - Had my eyes on him for a long time, though seems to have an injury, so not sure I invest right now

Fyfe - Sandilands is out, and hurt his shoulder on the weekend, I'm guessing to maybe wait a bit and see?

Sylvia - Was expensive, but injured himself on Friday and came off in the first quarter.

What about Stevie J? He has been killing it lately, is he a new option for a forward upgrade option now? Probably won't do my forward line just yet, might see how things fold out.
    I think it may be my midfield this week, especially if it means Swan won't be playing this week.

19. Corks

Corks Member

HPCD...I'm think same as you, Boyd this week. For me it will be Harris or Wright to Boyd. He will drop another &#36;10k next week based on BE, but Harris and Wright will both drop more, so might as well do it now.

Like you I've got Judd, so don't want Murphy due to League finals. Also got Swan, Pendles, Selwood, Pav in the mids (though will prod send Pav forward in a few weeks and do another mid upgrade).

Interested in other's views on Boyd, but his numbers this year have been really solid, apart from this week, and doesn't seem to be commonly selected in teams, so a bit of a POD (everyone seems to be on the Thompson and Ablett bandwagon now...I'm just hoping they crap out!).

20. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Conca to Mitchell (most likely) and Knights to Chappy my likely trades, will leave me with 14 trades, 74k and 1 mid and one forward upgrade to go (league win)