Round 16 review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by KangaMoose, Jul 19, 2010.

By KangaMoose on Jul 19, 2010 at 10:00 AM
  1. KangaMoose

KangaMoose New Member

So, Round 16 and the king is dead. Gary "PermaCaptain" Ablett scored his second 70 in two weeks and his salary is TANKING! - And for mine, for the games sake, I couldnt be happier! I love the strategies involved in selection captains- Its a lot of fun! Might even need to bring back the weekly Captains post if it wasnt just pointing at Hodge, Goddard or Swan. :D

So, the first game, with big news, Former #16 crows take down the Cats!! Ablett, got himself a 76, Corey 72, Bartel 70. How the mighty ABC has come down! At least the S kicked on with a 144. Taylor also did well with a 138. The Crows biggest scorers were Vince, Stevens and Johncock with 113, 111 and 111. I reckon if the Crows can keep this form through to the end of the year, they are going to provide a lot of value next year- so keep an eye on them, particularly Vince. I reckon Tippett will prolly go better next year as well, just needs to drop out his 23 point games as like today.

Saturday day saw two games, both of them whitewashes. First up saw Collingwood decimate St Kilda to the tune of 48 points, in the process securing top spot on the ladder. I think after this weekend, the premiership race is well annd truely on! and for mine, with 3 teams vying for the top2, 5 teams for the top4, means that its going to be tough for teams to rest players. Which should be great news for us fantasy coaches!! As for the game, Fisher top scored with a 147 with a massive 18 marks, but not far behind was Swan on a 145. Rounding out the top 3 was Montagna on 137. On the low side, Davis dropped further below $300k! While J. Gram continued the kind of form that will make him a delicious pick up next year! Gotta keep an eye on those bargains now!

The next game saw the Hawks smash the Lions to the tune of 75 points. Lewis top scored with a massive 170, while Hodgy did his thing and picked up 153. Skipper was the big mover though, picking up a massive 149 and proving himself a great cashcow. Sucks to be sitting with Warnock and Lobbe on the bench with that kind of score backing you up! No real big suprises from a scoring front though, the Hawks dominated both boards, with the Lions top scorer being J. Brennan, who might be a bargain trade-up if needs be...

Saturday night started with the Coasters putting possibly the final nail into the coffin of one M. Knights. In fact, LeCras himself put 12 nails in himself, all the while scoring a massive 226 points! Bout time you paid some back man! Priddis was next on 148 points while rookie, Ashton Hams rounded out the top3 with a 128. Delicious cash cow. A couple of stinkers in this game, Ryder 56, Waters 40, Sheppard 29 and Melksham 29. But perhaps the biggest news of all, since the first Bombers game young Eli has seen was a loss, it means 3 more years of winter for us Bombers fans. :(

The next game on Saturday night came from all the way up in the balmy temperatures of Marrara Oval where the NT saw the Dogs run out as 34 point winners. However, in his 200th game, Kornes top scored with 36 touches and 152 points. After that, it was all dogs with Cross scoring 138 and Boyd 130. Hargraves is finally starting to show some form with his 3rd decent game in a row. Moles did great for the coaches that havent cashed him in with a 102. At the other end, Higgins continued his low form with a 53 and Hitchcock is going way backwards with a 17- youd almost prefer a Zero!!

Sunday rolled round and we saw another upset as Mumford led his Swans to victory over the blues with 33 hitouts and 124 points. Goodes came second with a 121 while Murphy rounded out the top3 with a 115. Plenty of good times in this game with ROK, Kennelly, Grundy annd Malceski all breaking the ton, while Waite did servicible with a 91. Kane Lucas however did the opposite, his 2 tackle, 1 Handball, 1 FA - 5, has taken his salary backwards.

The next game saw the inform Tigers go down hard to the under-the-radar Roos. Currently only percentage out of the top8, they might suprise a lot of people pinching one of the spots. Time will tell I guess. As for the game, Swallow did his thing and put on a fantastic 157. He currently the 22nd highest averaging midfielder at the moment, but if he- and North can work on their consistancy issues next year, I can see him being a big candedate for a break out to elite status. Adams second placed with a 137 while Tuck top scored for the Tigers with a 125. D. Conners put in another star performance with a great 110, while Martin did his owner proud with a 96.

The final game of the round saw the Dockers knock off a valant Demons outfit, though to be fair, they were a lot more inaccurate. Michael Johnson looked a huge benefactor of the SuperCoach scoring model more that doubling his DT65 with a score of 151. I feel for anyone whos league opponeny had his playing for them! Duffield and hill both put in a great 115, while Garland top scored for the Demons with a 99. Scully did his owners proud with a 98 while Ballantyne kicked 4 goals on his way to a respectable 98. Roberton and Fyfe did well on the rookie front with a 75 and 71 respectively while Silvagni hasnt done his BE real any favors with a 44.

So we finish round 16 with the finals race well and truely on. The top2, top4 and top8 are all well and truely up for grabs, while at the other end, 16th through to 12 are seperated by a single game- and percentage. Basically, 6 games to go and anything can happen!

On a different note, the <a href="http://fantasy.premierleague.com/">Premier league Competition[/url] has opened to us all, and we all now have a month to get our squads in (To those of you interested. :D). There are a pair of TS leagues availiable to anyone interested, they are- Classic: 32457-12154 and H2H: 32457-12169. Ill get an official post up once the VS competition opens as well.

And if there are any other comps out there that run over the off-season that you guys get into, whether its one of the american sports or whatever, drop me a line- weve got fantasy sports nuts from all walks here and Im sure we could drum up some decent numbers in any comp. Plus, Ive been meaning to play in the NFL league, so Ild love to get a few tips from some of you guys! :)

Cheers guys, I hope youve scored well this week, personally Im sick of my DreamTeam team constantly beating my SuperCoach team- but hey, we cant win them all! howd you all go??

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by KangaMoose, Jul 19, 2010.