Round 16 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Sainter, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hey all, surprised to see that a "Round 16 Trades" forum hadn't been started up yet this week as normally they are started before the final match has even played on a Sunday!
    Thought I'd better kick it off.
    So, are you trading this week, with a lot of dough-nuts looking to hit peoples sides (see "Donut Feast".
    Personally to avoid too many dough-nuts I'm thinking of going

Tapscott (OUT) Lobbe (IN)
    Rioli (OUT) R.O'Keefe (IN)

ROK also playing Gold Coast, Winmar I doubt will play so will still cop 1 dough-nut if Roo gets off for his knee. ROK V GC could get some extra points to make up for a few dough-nuts.

How about you guys?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Unless you in contention for overall there is no need to trade this week, especially into anyone that has a bye in next few weeks.. There are no league games at all so sit tight and hold onto those precious trades!!

3. The_General

The_General Member

Looking at doing a Z. Smith to Jolly and Lower to Shaw trade this week.

4. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Will offload Sandi to Cox either this week or next, potentially combined with letting go of the ever disappointing Jobe.

5. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

spot on thunda i think the only reason to trade this week is to get someone that you're wanting before they play their third game, its a waste otherwise unless of course overall is still on the cards.

Cant believe im saying it but lobbe looks my likely trade in this week for krakeour to open up the mpp link with petrie. heath shaw can wait until next week even though he'll probably go up a few dollars

6. RV

RV New Member

Keen to get Lobbe in also after bringing the Dish into my rucks for Sandi last week. Also keen to downgrade Iles or another plateaud player to a kid (callinan) to mainly free up cash this week (already have mpp).

This should allow me a double upgrade next week when I have crucial league matches, rather than the one up one down option.

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

This is off-topic, but Jay Neagle from Essendon, I thought he was going to start getting a lot of games after Lloyd's & Lucas' retirements, even Gumbleton is injured and he's still not getting a game. Mark Williams isn't getting selected and he still doesn't get a game...is there something that they are working on with him in the VFL or do they just think he isn't good enough? Just bought this up because my dad went to school with his dad's & uncles.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Just remember Lobbe plays the inform Ben McEvoy this weekend. (did someone say big score for Macca again :D )

Callinan out for 3 weeks with hamstring injury so your best to wait until he is actually named to play his 3rd game.

9. weazel

weazel Member

Jay Neagle's fitness and effort was not up to afl standard last season i assume it's still the same. as for williams he was carrying an injury all of last season he's down on form atm but they are giving him more of a run up the ground now (which imo was exactly what he needed) and he's getting more of the pill so i think he may get the call up soon. Neagle no chance i don't reckon. gumby would be coming along soon too

10. Fez

Fez Moderator

Not trading this week but Zac Smith to Jolly next week is on the cards

11. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

Sandi to Lobbe this week maybe. Free up some cash and get a backup in the rucks as Petrie (ruck mpp) has the first finals bye which is mega important to skip geelong bye.

Wait a few weeks til Gaz comes back down to earth, he can't keep going like this can he??

12. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Whyt_ee
    I think he can, his B/E before this round was 128 & he ended up scoring 185 which will lower his B/E. His price is now 600k and will probably climb even more after this week. I missed the boat on Gazza but I look to bring him in at finals time hopefully.

13. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

What are ppls thoughts on GAJ? Is he worth the six hundy? Haven't got him as yet as my midfield is stacked (pendles, swan Boyd, hodge, s Thompson, Judd) but missing his score every week is starting to hurt me - just got around his 370 (c) this week to notch up the league win but it is getting harder!
    Will GAJ get cheaper? Or should I sideways some1? Thompson maybe?

14. skiddy

skiddy New Member

best on field if u have trades left then yes one of the few players capable of big scores regularly plus teamates not taking many points from him he is a must have will help myou win many league games but once again only if u have trades left

15. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I wouldn't sideways someone @22nd_best_on_field. You have a great MID line as it is, you have Pendlebury who is averaging just 5 less than GAJ. I think he's worth the 600k with his 130ppg average, but I wouldn't sideways yet. I think when you're getting close to finals or in finals time you could sideways though.

16. bjd85

bjd85 New Member

Thompson has been really disappointing the last month but you have to keep faith in your premiums. You brought him in for a reason. There's no guarantee GAJ will continue to play as well as he has been, and Thompson could get back to averaging 120+ like he was earlier in the year.

No trades for me this week but I'll be keeping an eye on Lobbe. I've had Derickx since the start of the year sitting around doing SFA so if I bring in Lobbe I might actually have four playing ruckmen.

17. meataxe

meataxe Guest

<blockquote>Quote from 22nd_best_on_Field on July 4, 2011, 23:19
    What are ppls thoughts on GAJ? Is he worth the six hundy? Haven't got him as yet as my midfield is stacked (pendles, swan Boyd, hodge, s Thompson, Judd) but missing his score every week is starting to hurt me - just got around his 370 (c) this week to notch up the league win but it is getting harder!
    Will GAJ get cheaper? Or should I sideways some1? Thompson maybe?</blockquote>

I am about 80&#37; sure I am going to trade in GAJ from Bartel this week. GAJ is always going to get off the leash in Q3 and 4 and junk it up for a few goals after GC has been safely put away.

Pointswise, the way I see it for me is this:
    - GAJ to average 135 for the rest of the season. 9 games = 1215
    - Add 15ppg for permacaptain (assuming that I would average 120ppg if I had to pick my own captains): 135 points
    - Bartel to average 100 over 8 games: 800 points; plus 80 points for his bye week: 880 points.

Net gain in points for GAJ to Bartel: 470, or 52 points per round.

For Thompson, assuming he averages 110, then you'd gain 43 points per round (using my assumptions above).

18. The_General

The_General Member

Those with buddy cyril and callinan will be in trouble this week.

Maybe a look at Gilbert not the worst idea going around especially if you have Pav, Sylvia and Fyfe.

19. DC

DC Member

JRoo has been really annoying these past 5 weeks...

Closer to the finals I will upgrade him to ROK if he doesnt hit his straps!

20. DC

DC Member

Re Jolly wouldnt mind another look at him this week and see if he can back up another 100...

Should play out the year as well having missed half the season