Round 20 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Quantum

Quantum New Member

So last week I didn't make any trades as it was a multi bye round and I'm in it for league win now

So this week trade number 1 is Shaw to Fisher

As for trade 2, not sure who to get out of Fyfe and ROK for Darling. Swans have an easier run home IMO with the lions in R24, but Fyfe has shown he is a gun, even in a losing team.

What is everyone else doing?

2. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

I think Fisher is a must get this week if you don't have him. I bought him in about 4 rounds ago when he was $510k. He is an absolute bargain to pick him up now at around $415k.

Fyfe over ROK for sure.

Personally, with $192k in the bank, 3 trades and top spot on the line this week I'm making the one trade of Z.Smith to the big Mummy.

Although how far is Sandi off ? And will he be back to his best ??

3. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

Also Swan is really knocking on the door to get into my side. 120avg, $508k 51BE. I've got Bartel & Judd with bye's coming up during finals, although I should get a win the first week of finals so skip the Geelong bye. That leaves Judd with a bye in the Prelim. With Swan so cheap and Judd about to drop with the 88 he scored on the weekend, and just enough money to do it, I think I may pull the trigger this week instead of waiting till round 23 and not have the cash. Thoughts ?

4. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I have 6 trades left with $10,500 in the bank.

My current lineup is this:

Deledio, Gibbs, Goddard, Newman, Broughton, Lower, Heppell (Puopolo, Toy, Jacobs)

Note: Have Hibberd in the midfield as well, so I could work with him in defense as well At the moment.

I have no idea what's happening with Newman, should I hold on? Or should I just pull the trigger and sraight swap him for Fisher?

So annoying, I got Newman for Shaw, and not much news on Newman, so not sure if I should wait, or just do it.

Also will be looking for a downgrade as well. Wouldn't mind downgrading Heppell, so I can do a double upgrade for finals time.

5. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

I had one target this week for a trade, upgrade hibberd to broughton, only problem is that i'm 2k short cause he was freo's best saturday night! oh well, hopefully has a shocker this week and i can up grade to him next week, although with a BE of 88 he would really have to stink it up!

6. DC

DC Member

I went ROK over Fyfe 2 weeks ago and hoping he pays me back in the finals with easy games against Richmond and Brisbane!!

Had a vote in the best buys thread and ROK came up by 4 points

7. Neckron666

Neckron666 New Member

First time poster but long time reader.

My team currently reads as:

D: Goddard, Fisher, Deledio , Enright , Broughton, Heppell, Suckling (A Johnson, B Smith, Batchelor)
    M: Pendlebury, Swan, Judd, Ablett, Montagna, Boyd (Mzungu, Jacobs, Callinan)
    R: Cox, Z Smith (Lobbe, Vardy)
    F: Goodes, N Riewoldt, Fyfe, Stevey J, Franklin, A Krakeour, Dangerfield (T Lynch, Markovic, J Brown)

I have 2 trades left and 57,500 in the bank. I'm going for the league win and am sitting in 8th spot. If I win I make the finals. Lose and its better luck next year (im playing the 9th guy)

Do I risk keeping my trades until finals (if i make it) or do I bite the bullet and downgrade either Batchelor or Smith to someone like Jeremy Taylor from Gold Coast and upgrading a non playing Johnathon Brown to either Pavlich or ROK. If so who of the two should I pick up?

I never realized supercoach could be so stressful!

8. Sainter

Sainter New Member

If you take on 9th and you want to have a crack at the top 8 finals rather than finishing 1st in the minors, then I don't see how you could bite the bullet, i think you need the best team that you can for a big face off, if you lose, oh well, you finish first heading into finals for the minors and will take on 12th.
    I'd downgrade Batchelor to the best rookie, or, just go the cheapest you can @91,000. Then trade Big Johno, Pavlich ahead of ROK of rmine.

I can't do any trades this week.
    Have none :( !!!!!!!!!

9. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

What's people's thoughts on grabbing goodes this week, or have I missed the boat with him?
    Cheers

10. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

Im in a league where the rest of the top 8 have pavlich and franklin. I have neither. I was thinking of making a defensive trade and bringing in one of those guys.

who would you choose to bring in out of those 2?

11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

My team:-

Gibbs, goddard, fisher, deledio, enright, broughton, lower (stanley, puopolo, toy)
    Pendles, nds, a swallow, swan, mitchell, boyd (hepell, prestia, waliis)
    Harvey, goodes, franklin, syvlia, chapman, n roo, rioli (darling, c richo, talia)
    Cox, J Griffin (Bailey, Keeffe)

5 trades $26K in bank – going for overall, but keen to win this round to hopefully sneak into the finals in my TS league

Pending selection and with only boyd has the bye this week so hepell gets a start – meaning my “worst” starters are lower, hepell, n roo all in the low-mid 80s average – unless girffin doesn’t recover (or is overlooked for sandypants) – which means I have to bring in Bailey with a 68 average.

My thinking is
    • Lack of cash means I need to either go for a sideways trade or go “1 donw/ 1 up”
    • Not impressed by defensive upgrade options – scotland having a bye to come (in the same week as gibs) and suckling avergaing only 13 more than lower
    • Not a big fan of the best performed “pure forwards” – ie cloke, stevie J ( particularly stevie j’s bye in the sam eweek as chappy)
    • A 7th pure mid would largely be wasted wasted (ie likely to only play in round 20/21 unless I striek injuries/suspensions)
    • I am looking closely at Pav and ROK as cheaper mid/fwd mpps who can upgrade my forward line (fyfe a little to expensive) and provide most flexibility to cover boyd, a swallow, harvey and chapman byes – ROK this week ve essendon marginally more appealing than pav vs the revitalised saints

What I do wil depend on whetehr Griffin is named to play or not

If griffin is left out or is “doubtful” - 1 trade – griffin to mummy (and $200 left over) - whilst this is a sideways trade on year to date averages this improves my team by 100pts per round on the worst case scnario of girffin beign a late withdrawal or about 40 pts per round over the having griffin on bench and bailey starting

If grffin is named and likely to play - 2 trades – 1 down from stanley/heppell/prestia and Darling up to ROK/Pav- on ytd averages this can improve my team by up to 28 pts per round (ie heppell/n roo to pav) and frees up some cash for 2 more upgrades durign rounds 21 to 24 (1 down/2 up and about $50K for price rise/falls before trades are made)

It would be good to hear if anyone has any other sugegstions for me, including "roughies" or POD players to trade in !

Cheers
    TTH

12. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@damnfunky - hard to resist bringing in buddy given the hawks play the Suns in Rd 24, but either should be OK if you think you need to go on the defensive

13. PwnSC

PwnSC New Member

<blockquote>Quote from TheTassieHawk on August 2, 2011, 12:59

• Not impressed by defensive upgrade options – scotland having a bye to come (in the same week as gibs) and suckling avergaing only 13 more than lower
    </blockquote>

This exactly says it all for me. Since Newman's injury, I've still held off trading him in for another premium because of this very statement. If we bring in a premium defender, they go down somehow or they get tagged hard (e.g. Shaw, Newman, Adcock, and I've heard from another Hawks fan that Birchall is getting quite a tag).

In response to your search for "roughies" or PODs, in the backline, I've weighed it up between

Hurn
    Johncock
    Suckling
    Birchall

They all have good SoS even with the Ticker. If I choose Hurn or Johncock, I can bring in Broughton or even ROK to float between midfield and forward to cover byes. Thoughts? Cheers.

14. Bucko

Bucko Active Member

The more I think about going Judd - Swan now, the more it makes sense.

Judd 550k on the decline and a bye coming v, Swan on a big price rise and no bye.

I'm going to do it before round 22 when Judd has the bye, so I guess it's best to do it now while the price is right!

Thoughts ?

15. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

i think ill go:

Harris>Andreoli (91k D/M) to open link and free up cash firstly for
    Lower>Fisher

then week after Heppell/Hibberd>Birchall

16. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

@damnfunky - Pav for mine - more consistent (and I'm still a little unsure about Buddy's "availability" in R24!)

@TassieHawk - as you say, it all depends on Griffin. I'm in the same boat with him, seriously thinking about Mummy this week if there is even a small doubt over Griffin now or in the next few...

@Bucko - I think you're on the money with Judd to Swan. Yes it is sideways, but the cash works in your favor, the potential (ticker) works in your favor, and I really don't think the Pies will give Swan another holiday (surely he'd be labelled as soft and weak if he needed more time off!). In my mind, go for it!

@Andrew - I wouldn't lock in Birchall, wait and see what happens this w/e, otherwise, go for it! (assuming you have a couple of trades left for the finals)

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@dazza71
    Never too late to get a premium
    Make sure you're aware of his inconsistent performances though.

18. easty01

easty01 New Member

I'm looking at replacing the sliding Scott Thompson for someone who will get me points down the stretch.

Current MIDS are:

Ablett, Swan, Judd, Pendles, Hodge, Thompson (Iles, Def MPP, Fwd MPP)

Can't afford Dal Santo, Bartel and Selwood have the bye so I'm tossing up between Priddis and Fyfe

Priddis - POD in my leagues and great run home

Fyfe - offers MPP, tough run home but keeps getting it done

Thoughts?

19. BennyA

BennyA New Member

Franklin!
    His run home is awesome, and Pav has a heavily strapped knee which could be a concern. Buddy may get a rest, but then everyone has that problem.

20. BennyA

BennyA New Member

Franklin!
    His run home is awesome, and Pav has a heavily strapped knee which could be a concern. Buddy may get a rest, but then everyone has that problem.