Round 21 review.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stevenhawk, Aug 22, 2010.

By stevenhawk on Aug 22, 2010 at 10:00 AM
  1. stevenhawk

stevenhawk New Member

So, we appear to have just finished the penultimate round of the year- heres hoping that youve all managed to score at least 1 grand final appearance.

Anyways, this round saw a fair bit of carnage fly our way- but checking the comments- there have definitely been a few bit scores!

The week opened with Geelong putting Carlton to the sword, though I reckon the Blues looked alright- reckon if Judd can get back onto form, they could definitely cause a bit of an upset in september. Chappy top scored for the game with a 133, but didnt do enough to bring his salary back to $500k- remind me next year to never pay more than $500k for any forward upgrade! Enright level him on 133 while Gibbs pulled in 130 off 26 gutsy touches. The boy copped a fair wack from Pods (whos looking to sit out the SuperCoach grand final for it). As mentioned, Judd was off the boil, disappointing with 75 and for next years bargain- Coreys 63 could make him a delightful price if he can get over his knee right (big risk for mine though).

Next up we saw the Saints take on the Tiges. Richmond put out up a spirited effort but couldnt manage to get over the line in the final quarter. Not suprisingly though with Montaga scoring 172 and Dal Santo 170. Lil Riewoldt looked back to his best with a massive 7.1 and 159 points. At the other end though, Kozi kkicked 5 (112) whil Roo Snr managed a mighty 136 kicking 3.3. Connors went alright with an 85 impressing over Dustins meek 40. But Im hoping youve all upgraded them by now!

Hawthorn guarenteed their finals appearence with a thumping of the Fremantle seconds team by a massive 116 points. Burgoyne once again top scored for the hawks, with a 171- talk about hitting form at the right time of the year! Gibson came next with a 148 and as youd expect in a gamae where Hawthorn dominates, Franklin took out 3rd with 5.1 for 129. Broughton top scored for the Dockers and for mine is playing a great role- which would make him excellent value as a DEF premium next year. The comically named Ruffles took out the bottom score for the game; perhaps he should have asked for tips off the gobbledock?

Next up we nearly saw the Pies kick themselves into a losing position against the Crows- starting the final quarter behind, then kicking 2.8 to take out the win by 3 points. Johncock top scored wiht a 135 while Thomas, who finally broke out this year, scored himself 133. Thompson rounded out the top three with a 120. Jolly set at ease the minds of many coaches out there as he was a chance to miss this week, but ended up scoring a 118. At the other end of the ground, Tippett and Dangerfield dropped the ball with a 50 and 46, while OBrien failed miserably with a 28.

Next up we saw the doggies go down to the Swans. Now I know that a lot of the pundits are going to be going on about the doggies finals chance and how they are dropping the ball at the most important time of the year and blah blah blah- but you gotta remember that flu- that was a nasty cookie that would have screwed with the dogs fitness regeme to no end. Hopefully they can manage to get back on board and play some good football- cause it would be a crappy way to see the premiership window closing shut through such an unfortunate virus. Not to take anything away from the Swans though- they were great with Bolton top scoring with a 157 off 20 touches. Jack continued his great form with a 148 while McVeigh scored a 132. TDL put in an outstanding performance with 130 to cover those of us with him after ROK was a late withdrawal. Bloody ROK- That said though, Ild rather him not play that score Gias and Mumfords 46, or Malceskis 39, Murphys 30 or most of all, the Coondogs 9.

Finally we come to Sunday. Port Adelaide got over the Dees by a solid 29 points but it was J. McDonald who top scored with a 159. Schultz topped for the Power with a 13 touch, 5 goal, 141 points. Bruce rounded out the three with a 129. Gotta say, Im quite happy to see the Jurrahcane scoring well with a 126- might have done enough to get a few coaches looking in his direction. At the other end of the scale, Green and Trengove both disappointed, while bench players Hitchcock and Moore performed poorly (though I hear there was an injury to Hitchcock.)

Next up, apparently the Lions beat someone or something. The Browndog top scored with a huge 161- punishing coaches who believed he was out for the year! Rischitelli came next with a 129 while Cale Hooker scored 121. Honestly, I dont have the heart right now to say much more... Clrk did bad though- sorry Clark owners...

The final game of the round saw West Coast get painfully close to the Roos. Swallow top scored and needs to bloody slow down if he wants to be value next year with a 151. SDT brought about the next highest score with a 131 while Embley closed it out with a 123. Wright reward coaches that have kept him on the bench with a great 4 goal 105 while Hurn performed well in his come back with a 101. The man of the day, Harvey, put in a solid performance of 88 to ring in his 300th game while Shuey continued his decent returns with a 78. Strijk on the other hand finished up near the bottom of the pile- but to those coaches relying on him, his 43 is better than a ducksegg.

So there we go- one round to go before we hang up the boots for another year and bunker down for a solid finals series, but before than, I wanna hear about some of the wins out there- whos in the Granny? heck, whos in multiple graanies? (wait... that sounds wrong all over!)- how many of you guys have cracked the top 100? Its been a pretty unforgiving season so I wanna hear some good stories in the comments!

And finally, I just want to gauge any interest out there for some end of season drinks? Anyone out there interested in catching up for a few clensing ales to discuss what has been and whats to come?

And as always- stats will be up shortly. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stevenhawk, Aug 22, 2010.