Round 21 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Quantum, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Quantum

Quantum New Member

So who is through into the finals?

I'm not planning on any trades this week, will have Boomer and Petrie out but have cover for them both

What about everyone else?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

At this stage i wont be trading. Grundy swings forward to replace Petrie and ill be full strength still.. (as long as Enright is back)

3. AndrewY

AndrewY New Member

Boyd and Ablett possibly back for Swallow so no trades

4. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

First off, I have the double chance in all 5 of my leagues.

4 trades left with $70,400 in the bank

I'm planning to use 2 trades this week, perhaps 1 up and 1 down if necessary.

I'm not sure where I should make my focus on

I could upgrade my last spot in my backline, but there doesn't seem to be any really, really good upgrades, and not sure if the trade will give me a good enough reward, and considering using Puopolo/Heppell/Jacobs as D7. Could go Scotland, but he has the bye so not an option.

I have had Sandilands on the bench for this long, but Smith is slowing down. Maybe now is the time to get rid of Sandilands?

J. Roo has been a weakness for quite a while, and compared to my opposition, he seems to be the weak link. Considering to get rid of Riewoldt.

Or this is outside the box, but I am thinking of upgrading one of my midfield bench players to a premium. In finals, it could cover me for the Judd bye, and in case Ablett or someone else is rested.

Comes down to what my priority is:

D7: Leave Puopolo/Heppell/Jacobs to cover me or do I upgrade to someone else.

Ruck: Get rid of Sandilands finally

Forward: Get rid on N. Roo

Midfield: Upgrade a bench player to a premium as an emergency so I can be covered for a Judd bye, or if Ablett or another player gets rested.

5. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

Why can't I find Jeremy Taylor in the stats? He's on the bubble with an average of 85.5. I plan to downgrade Hibberd to him to give me the cash I need for the finals.

6. DC

DC Member

If Ablett gets up he comes in for Iles and downgrade Newman to Adcock

7. DC

DC Member

I thought Taylor got a serious injury in the last quarter against Geelong? Could be wrong though...

8. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from DC on August 8, 2011, 13:47
    I thought Taylor got a serious injury in the last quarter against Geelong? Could be wrong though...</blockquote>

You're right. Yes apparently he's going in for groin surgery. Only 1 news article mentioned his name this week, did nobody report on the Cats v Suns game?

...Still doesn't explain why his name is not in the stats though.

9. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

What do people think about Suckling? Is he an injury risk?

Thanks for all the good advice last week, I sat on Newman last week but must trade him this round. I have &#36;45k in the bank and can afford Broughton. Birchall seems to have gone flat. Suckling looks like he could be value, and the &#36;&#36; saved in going to Suckling means that I could upgrade Hibberd and bench Gibbs in Rd 23 rather than trade Gibbs.

My backline is:

Gibbs, Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Adcock, Deledio, Puopolo (Jacobs, Malceski, Howard) (Hibberd [MID])

I finished top in my league but can't afford to lose this week as I have Chappy, SJ and Duckwood. Maybe I should just suck it up and get Broughton.

10. HudsonFysh

HudsonFysh Member

@HotPiesColdDrinks

There's almost too much to consider there without knowing your full side. I agree that there are no obvious D7 contenders. And do you mean N Roo or J Roo? I have N Roo as F7, he's frustrating but doing just enough for me to not trade him.

re: Sandi, he's back next week, every week ...

And unless you have trades to burn a premium M7 is something I'd only look at if Ablett gets injured or in r23 when Judd has the bye.

Sorry, that's probably not much help.

11. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Thanks Hudson.

I have both Riewoldts, but was thinking about trading Jack. But I think I have come up with an option.

These are relevant positions for my trade.

Back:
    Gibbs, Goddard, Fisher, Deledio, Broughton, Adcock, Puopolo (Hibberd, Jacobs, Toy)

Midfield:
    Pendlebury, Judd, Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Thompson (Heppell, Krakouer, Wallis)

Forward:
    Pavlich, Fyfe, Goodes, Franklin, N. Riewoldt, Rioli, J.Riewoldt (Mzungu, Lynch, Smith)

Ok trade one looks kind of set:

1 - Sandilands to Mumford
    2 - Heppell to O'Keefe or upgrade one of my rookie D7.

I'm leaning towards O'Keefe (would like Chapman, but has a bye). Even though I will be getting him in the middle, I will move him up forward and bench J.Roo, which will be a pretty good forward bench.
    Plus this will also allow me to cover better for the Judd bye.
    I just think I can make more points by benching J.Riewoldt then I would by making an upgrade in defence at this point. Not many good players to upgrade to down back.

12. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Gah, was going to trade Lower -> Johncock and Montagna -> Priddis but just discovered 1200 reasons why I can't. Bummer, that would've allowed me to bolster the squad for the finals. Might just do the Priddis trade, Monty v Ablett as a POD is not very appealing. Any other &#36;350k defenders anyone can recommend? Or even taking a punt on both Adelaide players, Stiffy and S.Thompson?

13. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Adcock, but I'm guessing you may already have him.

14. port_leschenault

Yeah have him already, although interestingly that would live me &#36;300 short, ouch this is like trying to get Ablett in all over again. Might see if Chaplin is back in this week, very risky but might get back to his mid season form. Fwiw, I'll post my team if anyone has any other suggestions

Def: Gibbs, Goddard, Delidio, Broughton, Adcock, Enright, Heppell (Lower, Pedersen, A.Johnson)

Mid:
    Pendlebury, Judd, Swan, Boyd, Hodge, Montagna (Harris, I.Smith, Nicholson)

Ruck:
    Cox, McEvoy (Smith, J.Tippett)

Fwd:
    Pavlich, Petrie, Chapman, Franklin, N Riewoldt, J Reiwoldt, Rioli (Mzungu, GC.Lynch, Callinan)

Would prefer to keep Heppell, Smith/Mzungu as they would be first cover/replacements and trying to focus on using the 2 trades on sidewaysing a prem (particularly Monty) and/or a rookie like Lower (who's got the most &#36;&#36;&#36; to trade of the lot)

15. patg654

patg654 New Member

Hey guys

I'm having a dilemma of my own and would love a 2nd opinion/voice of reason. Shooting for the league win, finished #1 in both my leagues.

I've got 2 trades left and &#36;28k in the bank...which is enough to go:
    1. Newman --> Taylor [GC]
    2. Derickx --> Mumford

This would leave me with:

Ruck: Cox, Mumford, [Z.Smith, Petrie/J.Tippett] - allowing me to bench Z.Smith this weekend, as well as allowing a swap of Petrie to the FWDs after his bye with Mumford at R2.

Def: Gibbs, Fisher, Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Adcock, Heppell/Puopolo/Jacobs @ D7.

The main reason I'm not upgrading a D7 is I can't find anyone worth getting for Newman, as I'm not convinced of Suckling, Birchall or even Guerra's consistency over Heppell or Puopolo.

The two dramas I see here are: Gibbs' R23 bye, which would force me to play Puopolo/Jacobs and Heppell, as well as Heppell's R24 bye which would force Puopolo/Jacobs again. I just wonder if I'm asking a bit much out of Puopolo/Jacobs having to play R23/24 at D7.

Mumford will be a massive POD in leagues but I am wondering about even getting Naitanui - do people think he's more consistent??

16. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I would say Mumford is a safer option. I have Cox as well, and wouldn't want Nat stealing points off each other. I'm going Mumford.

17. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

@port

How many trades left and how much cash? Sounds like your last 2?

By trading Monty to say a priddis would net you an additional 10-15 points per round. You could get the same result but provide extra cover by trading mzungu to Sylvia or equivalent f/m.

Personally I'd look at getting better coverage for byes than smith and mzungu. I am looking at going outside the square and getting didak for Howe just as extra cover for the finals byes.

18. Western_Demons

Western_Demons New Member

Sorry port I should have added by bringing in Sylvia would allow u to bench j roo, thats where his 70 points becomes 85-90 points.

19. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I have Ryder and am thinking of trading him, can afford any ruck, already have Cox, not sure if I should go McEvoy or Mumford. Tempted by McEvoys big scores with STK's midfield winning his taps, but Mumford looks like he has the easier run, any suggestions?

20. port_leschenault

Thanks W_D, I'll look into it.