Round 5 is the new Round 6

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Holey, Apr 19, 2011.

1. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

So with everyone fearing Round 6 at the start of the year, I feel it has come one round early...well in the forward line anyway.

Most of us would have Goodes (or ROK), Tapscott and Darling all not playing this week. On top of that, a lot would have Krakouer and Richardson also....

My biggest worry is Krakouer/Richardson being dropped for this round based on recent form (moreso Richardson).

I can't make a meaningful trade to potentially avoid a donut - and didn't go with MPP for M/F line as the rookie options just weren't there.

How are people planning on weaseling out of this one?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I have 3 outs in my DEF line (S.Martin, Grundy, J.Grimes) and 3 outs in my FWD line (Goodes, Darling, Tapscott). With Lower being dropped (may come back?) that is a lot of bench space being taken up by no-shows this week.

Thankfully with D/F MPP and 2x M/F MPP I can bring a full 22 onto the field, but it is a very skinny 22 this week for my team.

3. spud

spud New Member

I'm still going to be affected more by next round than this coming one, as I chose not to start with Tapscott at the start of the year and resisted bringing him in (whoops!)

Will be missing 2 in the forward line but can both be replaced by GC players, albeit the names in question were shocking last week (in SC terms).

Next week...eek!

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Basically, if Krak doesn't get picked I'll be forced to play Dixon.

If Krak and Richo don't get picked, I'll have to hope like hell Winmar get's a start this week and take a punt.

If Krak, Richo and Winmar don't get picked....

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Hornsy,

I think you will be in bit of luck with Winmar. I reckon he's 80% chance of playing this week..

6. spud

spud New Member

Winmar is looking a good chance to play, Hornsy, according to the Saints board.

Lyons mentioned that Kosi would come into the side and Winmar was a pretty good chance as well.

Lets hope Krak gets picked for the big match and scores a ton.

7. hippy

hippy New Member

Yeah, without MPPs I'd be stuffed this week. So I reckon they're worth having, particularly if you're chasing the 50K. Even if they average a bit less per game, they can help avoid donuts. And Higgins would have really helped. Don't think there'll be as many 2400s this week.

8. suther

suther Member

I am also sweating on the Richardson/Krakeour selections. I can cover one of these omitted but will be left without a playing emergency in the FWDS.

Plus, i'd be playing blokes with poor averages.

Will be praying the top teams suffer equally so I dont lose too much ground.

9. naj

naj New Member

me and all my great forward thinking is seeing me going into the round with 3 bench players being selected, two of those being krakouer and richardson. signs are looking ominous. there goes my nice looking average out the window, can't win em all i spose.

10. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

I have Tapscott, Darling, Cox, Goodes, Grimes OUT so will need to play Harris, Krak, McKernan and B Smith again, plus Libba.

I gain Boyd, Goddard, Riewoldt and Higgins though so 40 odd up on average.

Here's hoping!