Round 5 partial lockout?

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by anthak, Apr 23, 2013.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Are we gonna do a partial lockout this round, like we triled in Round 1? Pick any Col, Ess, Stk & Syd players before the start of Col v Ess and then have final teams in by the start of Fre v Ric on Friday night? Whadda yas think?

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'd be in favour of it, though I think I may only have one player affected by it.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Somebody once said, way back before R1: 'That presents us with a once-off opportunity to test the roller, since we will be entering manually in the blog. I stress it is once-off and may influence our thinking for next year.'
    Add to this, bama has had to submit his team early and thus would not have access to advantages(?) of rolling lockout. Plus, someone needs to monitor the whole thing to ensure all is above board. Apart from these considerations, am open to voices.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I would prefer not to, to be honest it wont effect me anyway, I wont be leaving anyone out likely to play, but we said upfront, we were doing it for that round only, and this is clearly a different round. I am not ferocious either way, but one thought, I do believe those teams that have the luxury of being able to wait and see whichplayersthey will name will gain the most advantage and need it the least

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Having second thoughts on this, does anyone know when teams will be announced for the remainder?
    If it is still 6.30 odd on Thursday then the split lockout is almost arequirement? We don't have a lot of time to discuss though..

6. anthak

Personally, I'm not fussed either way. I think it may favour Gariwerd to have just 1 lockout, cause Gundagai will most likely have a bit more trouble guessing which of their players will get a game, but I'd probably prefer just 1 lockout, simply cause its easier.

7. anthak

Lenh191 wrote:Having second thoughts on this, does anyone know when teams will be announced for the remainder? If it is still 6.30 odd on Thursday then the split lockout is almost arequirement? We don't have a lot of time to discuss though.. not sure, but that was my thinking behind raising it as a question/option. Even if teams are announced before Collingwood Essendon, most of them will be squads anyway.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

I would prefer a two stage lockout - one before the first Thursday game for the two Thursday games and a second before the firday night game starts.
    As Chris points out those like the Waikiks who could have up to 19 players to choose from benefit most. We may well benefit most from the depth anyway. I am not fussed, just stating a preference.

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

I'll go with consensus; not even sure when I'll see teams this week....these scattered rounds play havoc with the time diff.

10. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:I'll go with consensus; not even sure when I'll see teams this week....these scattered rounds play havoc with the time diff. Try picking up your empties.

11. grav

grav Guest

chels wrote:
    I would prefer a two stage lockout - one before the first Thursday game for the two Thursday games and a second before the firday night game starts. As Chris points out those like the Waikiks who could have up to 19 players to choose from benefit most. We may well benefit most from the depth anyway. I am not fussed, just stating a preference. I would support a split lockout only from the stand point that AFL squads (for Friday - Sunday games) may not be posted prior to first game on Thurs.

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I support the idea of a partial lockout, with lockout 1 starting at the start of the first Anzac game, then lockout 2 starting at first bounce on friday night.

13. snoz

snoz Moderator

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Simonoz wrote:I'll go with consensus; not even sure when I'll see teams this week....these scattered rounds play havoc with the time diff. Try picking up your empties. You try figuring out the time diff with a gutfull of beer.......