Round 5 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), Apr 20, 2011.

1. I'm too lazy to look through multiple threads for different trade talk so to make it easy, chuck it all in here and feel free to question or just put your trades up.
    Trades I'm considering this week:
    Darling > Dixon
    Krakouer > N. Riewoldt
    Seems a pretty straightforward trade to me

2. torcida

torcida Member

a bit early 4 me.with break even of -20 he could jump another 100k in two games.looks like consistent scorer and might help me with buddy-pav and stevie.j out next week

3. Main factor I'm considering is getting Riewoldt in now, should give me enough points to make up for cash lost on Darling the way I see it. I still have Libba, Curnow and Tappy as fast rising cows so I'm not hugely worried about that just yet

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Want to offload Krakwhore but dont really have any options in midfield without having to 2 trade him. Got 160K in the bank and want to trade him to a premium...

But also looking at Foley to Swallow, Murphy or someone at that price.. Im tad annoyed as im just short on getting Dal Santo...

So in other words i have no clue at all :p

5. torcida

torcida Member

already got roo in my side - forward line on fire just need to get through multi-byes .goodes-rok and sylvia out this week.. i missed on tappy was happy with darling mckernan and prestia (thought i would be wasting a trade if i got rid off one of them

6. torcida

torcida Member

lol - know the feeling thunda - wanna get roo in me dt but im 360 short

7. graeme

graeme Guest

BB, seems to me like you are overly influenced by upcoming games versus stats m8?

Darling to Dixon - don't see it unless you are heavy on Melbourne, Swan and WCE players. Think longer term IMO.

Krak has the stats but lower JS, N. Roo has what looks like a better series of fixtures coming up. Have a look at the stats spreadsheet - delay a week and then rethink methinks.

regards
    chels

8. Corks

Corks Member

Coad out for 3 months hurts my "B" team. Was due to go up $70k this week too...one more week wouldn't have cared. Looks like Toy is best option, but may take a risk on Pedersen if he's picked.

9. torcida

torcida Member

looks like a lot of ppl are jumping of
    Suban, Nick (FRE) 4.14%
    Krakouer, Andrew (COL) 2.69%
    and pickin
    Coad, Michael (GCS) 3.41% :D

10. pjay79

pjay79 New Member

Thinking Krak + Knights > Dawes + rookie

Is Dawes a top 7 forward? I plan on having him alongside Franklin/Rioli/Nick Reiwoldt/Goodes/Chapman/Pavlich ...

Should i wait for Didak to drop in price?

Only problem is finding a forward rookie...

PJ.

11. torcida

torcida Member

pj
    dixon -matera - richardson are still cheap enough
    with the way pies deliver ball to dawes i cant c why he cant keep scorin well ( i would still play it safe with dids

12. Mattoc

Mattoc New Member

I obviously need to look at some selection come the lockout on the 23rd, but looking for a downground target for my backline. Everitt out, but who to bring in? Backline is, Goddard, lids, j grimes, r tarrant, mckernan, lower, everitt, Gibbs, duigan, d Stanley. Who are the targets in your opinions?

I'm thinking of pederson, toy, o'shea, tape or Watson. 33k on the bank as well

13. torcida

torcida Member

i like toy and watson but o'shea seems likely to play all season

14. Midge001

Midge001 Member

What are people's thoughts on Rob Murphy? Stats inflated by the teams he's played or is he playing a new role?
    If he's going to keep around the 90-100 mark I've got room for him as my F5

15. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Anyone noticing Jack Reiwoldt's price atm. Will go down again next week. Has me at least looking at him. Anyone else?

16. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

@Midge001

I just don't think Bob Murphy has the consistency. Not for me. Doesn't mean I'm right, just my opinion.

17. sausages

sausages New Member

GHS - Yes looking at Jnr Riewoldt myself for a couple of weeks (as well as Didak). My issues are two fold (midfield and second ruck)- see team below

D; Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Heppell, Duigan (Otten, Toy, Lower)

M: J Selwood, Pendlebury, Boak, Goodes, Curnow, Harris (D Swallow, Liberatore, Wallis)

R: Sandilands, Warnock (Petrie, Z Smith)

F: N Riewoldt,Franklin, Rioli, Higgins, Yarran, Dangerfield, Tapscott (Krakouer, Matera, Richardson)

Going to go after 3 underpriced elites from R7-9 thinking

[color=#]D - Broughton, Bruce, Duffield
    M - Montagna, Judd
    F - Didak, J Riewoldt[/color]

Thoughts?

18. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Yeah, fair point, General. I really want to half-upgrade a player in the Krakouer range to the 400k-ish mark to give my forward line a bit more security and I'd like to bring in a bulldog player for overall team balance, but guys like Murphy, Higgins and Hill are all performing way above their averages for the first few weeks so I'm scratching my head trying to figure who, if any, will keep it up. If Krak plays I'm inclined to deal with it when I can upgrade to a proper premium, but if not I need to burn him or I'll be stretched too thin at a time where I want to be making up ground, not losing it.

19. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I am a long way from being convinced that either Bruce or Duffield could be considered an underpriced elite player for SC. J.Riewoldt has not shown any consistency and will likely continue to be up and down through 2011 based on what we have seen to date (concussion game aside). Probably can average 90, but still can't see him getting higher myself this year.

Montagna has only had one elite season, and that wasn't 2010 but rather was 2009. I don't think he is going to get on an upward curve back to elite this year. What would make you think that he might?

I suggest that Lake or Hodge are likely to be more attractive targets for R7-9 than any of Bruce/Duffield/Montagna.

20. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@Midge
    Higgins would be the most likely Bulldog forward to keep up the early pace for the longer haul for mine.