Round 7 review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by mazza3, May 11, 2010.

By mazza3 on May 11, 2010 at 10:00 AM
  1. mazza3

mazza3 New Member

[podcast]http://tooserious.net/podcasts/tsround7.mp3[/podcast]
    disclaimer: Morning all, I wrote this last night while waiting for lock out, so some of the tense might be funny. :)

So, we finally have the end of lockout! I reckon I could get used to watching football on a Monday, I mean, its kind of a treat to watch it on a Monday night. What I cant stand though, is rocking up to work on Monday- and not knowing!! These last 24 hours have been torture! But, sigh- we are finally here. So. Lets see.

Now, in honor of Gazs domination, Im gunna do the report a little backwards- and start with the high scores.

So, with a massive captains knock of 203 (406 for those counting at home), the highest score for the round came through with a massive 2701 (nice call parasite!). While the Sideways was finally troubled, but not beaten! with three scores of 2493, 2491, 2489! In fact, we had 7 new entries into the top 20, but no-one broke 2500. So if you did break 2500, get your team in! Its not too late!

And since Im doing it a little backwards, well do a whip around of the TS TextOutSMS leagues to see where were at. 9th, 21st, 38th, 40th and 89th is where were sitting. I think we need to lift a little to get more into the top 20!!

The tipping saw a single player pick 8. Which was lucky, cause they tipped Gilbee. :)

Enough of that though, lets whip around the games and see what happened.

Friday night started off with the Field of Women. A wonderful event held by the AFL to raise awareness of Breast cancer (and a big shout out to CCC- you guys were great! Though there will be a post tomorrow with those results. :D). Anyways, the game was a hum dinger. Melbourne have once again tabled their credentials to be finals contenders this year with another massive effort against another of last years top4. And in my personal opinion, contrary to that of the AFLs, only lost the game because they tried passing it to the umpire- one too many times...

Still, regardless of how they got there, the dogs walked away with the 4 points and Giansiracusa continued on with his awesome form hitting up a massive 160. Just as impressive however, was Scully. Putting together his best performance to date with a 39 possession 129. Including a massive 18 posession final quarter. Son, you just made it from bench player to starter, welcome aboard.

Outside of those two, most things went to script, Hargrave continued to drop while Murphy and Hall put in another hair-tearingly inconsistant effort. And speaking of stinkers, Sylvia has continued with his poor form, and rumour coming out of the Dees camp is saying that he had some hamstring tightness before the game and probably shouldnt have played.

Saturday started with yet another tragedy befalling our beloved Bomber. Yes, it was tragic! Quit sniggering out there! But I wont wax on too much about that- Lets talk about the fantasy side of it. Travis Boak top scored with a nice 135, while second and third went to Jobe and Monfries. Gray and Hooker continued their good form with a nice 93 and 102 respectively.

The other Saturday game saw the WEagles fall over the line against the Hawks despite a second half fallout. Luckily Kennedys 6 goals and 150 points were enough to get them over the line. Lewis and Hodge top scored for the Hawks. Naitanui scored an impressive 126 and might have earned himself a repreive in my team. Though in means that Hille is going to be the one on the chopping block to pick up hill, who has now officially bottomed out with a BE of 87. Hurn was classic Hurn, with another 100+ score with 15 touches. You just gotta love that dedication to SuperCoach. Can someone please tell him to get some more 25 touch games! Meanwhile, my February pick for the raising star, Tommy Swift, put in another good game. sadly, I reckon the higher profile picks have still got it on him, but if he can keep performing, who knows! Rioli, along with Sylvia have been disappointed those who traded out from Roo, while Schoenmakers was the ultimate disappointment pulling in a massive 2 point.

Saturday night started with the Pies dominating the Kangeroos. Dane Swan returned to form, top scoring with a 127- looks like hes going to bottom out at roughly $551k- tasty. Shaw and Harvey scored well, but have still fallen on the back of recent mediocre performances. Steele Sidebottom scored an impressive 5 goals, 105, possibly helping Leon Davis, who finally broke the ton. Still has a break even of 135, and will drop just into the $300ks. So wait another week if you wanna jump on board. Ball made me smile, with a solid 98, I was *this* close to trading him out two weeks ago, so Im stoked that hes repaying the faith! Pendlebury however, scored a 70- making his breakever 150. Sub $500k in two weeks?

Meanwhile, Fremantle put another feather in their caps, taking out the Brisbane Lions on their home turf! Sandlinds led the way with a dominant 138. Ruckman for brownlow? Surely if Cox couldnt do it, no-one can right? Pav continued his good form and would have top scored had he been able to kick straight. Speaking of kicking straigh though, 15.23? really?! That is some attrocious kicking and they are going to need to fix that if they want to stand up against the Pies next week. Hill is in massive form at the moment, scoring 112, while Fyfe made people smile with a solid 90. And to think I was *this* close to trading him in for bbbbbh. Barlow watch says 90, which finally brings his break even out of the negatives!. There were also a couple of bad scores with Brown, Fev and Duffield all disappointing, while Brennan and Drummolenko broke hearts with the respective long term injuries.

Sunday saw the Gaz show come to town, lighting up the Swans with a massive 203. Funny story on that though, his three game rolling average actually went down with that massive score since his 2008, 254 dropped off the back end. But was it just the Gary show? no. 28 year old rookie, Podsiadly, got himself another 5 goal return, scoring a massive 156- bring to next weeks table a breakeven of -120. Such an impressive debut has got coaches who missed the boat wondering if they should be picking him up for $330, and personally, I dont know if I could tell them not to! Hes got a strong body, in ripping form and still undervalued for what hes serving up. Gotta wonder what the cats would have looked like three years ago if he was playing for them then!

Chappy continued to be Chappy, and the countdown on his Hammy went down another point, still, those coaches who started with him have been well rewarded, and if he keeps up this form, could go out in round 15 with some very happy coaches smiling at their call. Malceski and Grundy we also able to continue their excellent years. But, where there are good scores, theres also bad ones and tonight they came in the form of Goodes, 27 and Bradshaw, 4. Goodes might actually find himself in the $300ks in a couple of weeks, and surely, Roos has got to think about putting him back in the guts to find form - So dont write him off yet, hes known to finish seasons strongly!

And then we got to the bottom of the pile. Two teams, zero wins. Seriously, up until 3 quarter time, I thought we were going to see both teams of zero wins and two points, but the tiges gave it up and wound up 50 point losers. Not sure how much I want to talk about this game. Tip rat finally increased in salary with an 87 with Goodwin rewarded his coaches with a solid 95. Martin on the other hand hurt those who held onto him scoring a 54, and looks to have peaked in price. Time for the slaughterhouse.

Finally we get to tonights game, the reason we had to wait so long for lockout. I was 7/7 in the work tipping comp, and couldnt see who would kick the goals for Carlton against St Kildas rock-like defense. Well, that was quickly answered with Waite dominating the first quarter, and Garlett, Betts and Waite scoring 13 goals between them. Sentanas little helpers indeed! So, now we know that St Kildas brand of football can be stomped, but you have to wonder if other clubs will be able to duplicate the success Carlton had. Only time will tell. Russell and Garlett top scored with 144, Betts scored a 128 while Waite had a welcome back to form with a 123. Delicious upgrade if he can turn it on again next week! Goddard top scored for the Saints, while Gram was a welcome addition with a solid 85.

So there we go, another big week in football. Some big scores scored, and of course, some major dissapointment. How were you effected? what are you planning this week? and more importantly, whod you go? Anyone crack 2500? Also, the pink is now green again- so hit Ctrl-F5 to clear your cache.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by mazza3, May 11, 2010.