Round 8 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 8, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Its never too early to start talking our trades for next week ;)

Was looking at trading Gray as he is just a muppett but with Chappys score on weekend i think i may hold him for couple weeks for when Baldy bottoms out...

OKeefe is chip as chips this week so might look at going Matera to OKeefe and also as Petrie is my R4 and has probably gained as much cash as possible might downgrade him to some ruck muppett thats cheap as chips.

2. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Petrie just tonned up, I think he has more cash to make at the least. Maybe you should downgrade matera to tippett and get Petrie on field down fwd and then upgrade someone else to ROK?

My trades will still depend on what happens with the rest of the games. The plan before the round was matera > harper and curnow > premium (unsure who has put their hand up the most atm). But with matera scoring well and lynch putting his hand up as a downgrade option I'm starting to reconsider.

Maybe I will upgrade Duigs instead, but I wanted to wait a week to upgrade him to Scotland as I'm not 100% sold on some of the other backs. I could grab Shaw though I suppose. Downgrading this week will be the tricky part I believe.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yea i had thought about the Tippet trade... I had a quick look at the stats and not sure Petrie has a great deal of growth in him, as his 149 comes out now and he has that 60 in there for couple more... I guess it comes down to that i dont really need him as cover as id use Zac SMith as he is more consistent, but he or Petrie will become Sandi and McEvoy will be my 3rd ruck....

I was going to do Curnow trade aswell but couple performances have me more concerned elsewhere. Same concern with Duigan, lack of quality backs performing makes it incredibly hard to decide on upgrade for him.

Is there any rookies on the bubble? I cant think of any at all. Cripps will be down back if he plays but apart from that is there any??

4. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Liam Patrick and Kieran Harper will be on the bubble down forward next week if they get selected. Apart from that not much at all. I hope Cripps gets selected being a Saints supporter, unsure if he is a great downgrade option though with Ross potentially using him as a sub every few games.

5. bfish

bfish New Member

Downgrades will be tricky this week. Harper not impressive. May have to look at some of the 1 gamers like Smith or Puopulo or make a tactical trade with a Hibberd or Jacobs who should get games and open up or complement DPP. Cripps hopefully looks the goods tomorrow. Wallis will still be cheap, but who knows what is going to happen there. He seemed to play a defensive forward / midfield role yesterday. All reports are that he is a natural ball winner and very good user. Question for Bulldogs supporters - Dropping him back to the VFL will not do his development any good. He has shown enough at that level already. Will he keep his spot? Hall, Higgins and Libba to come back in. Eade indicated there will be 3-4 changes.

6. soups

soups New Member

people, dont be fooled by Matera's SC score -

the only reason he scored well was because he kicked the game sealing goal for gold coast late in the 4th.

otherwise a terrible game.

7. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I'll be keeping a close eye on Smith and Puopolo, see how much they'll score next week. Already have Pedersen and definite rise in cash so I'll let him moo. Although if North drop him for a (another) solid match, I'd find it hard to figure out the selection's thinking.

Looking to bring in another Premium, seeing how much the cows moo'd when the round is done. Maybe a left field decision on the cards....

8. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

Yeah I watched the game and he didn't play overly well, but 94 should see his price rise for atleast two more weeks. Whether he is culled or not will depend on Tapscotts score.

9. bfish

bfish New Member

Matera has had 2 big scores in 3 weeks thanks to last quarter goals. It's great! Will probably trade him the week of the GC bye. Toy is in the gun as well. He has been poor from a footy point of view over the last 2 weeks. Might struggle to keep his spot with Campbell Brown back next week. He was named as sub to start the game.

10. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Anyone else impressed with Liam Patrick's game & not a bad snap from the pocket on the left. Thinking he could be a fwd downgrade prospect?

11. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from HeavyMen on May 8, 2011, 11:39
    Anyone else impressed with Liam Patrick's game & not a bad snap from the pocket on the left. Thinking he could be a fwd downgrade prospect?</blockquote>

Very impressed with Patrick, looks a viable d/g option.

Also impressed with Lynch's debut and can see him holding his spot for a while after that effort, Suns need a good strong key forward target and this lad certainly fits the bill.

12. bfish

bfish New Member

Patrick was good, but get the feeling consistency might be an issue. Great mark as well though!

13. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Impressive kid isnt he Heavy.. Not sure he'd be able to be consistent though, might be used as sub a fair bit..
    Looks like a real impact player that suits the sub rule to a T.

14. This week I'm looking at going Tappy>Harper and Curnow>Embley but those two GCS boys are starting to make me think twice

15. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

@ BB
    Like the idea of Curnow>Embley, but still not convinced with Harper - was far from impressed with him yesterday, but then again it was against the Cats - bit hard to get a good take on him considering the 2 teams he's played are at opposite ends of the spectrum!!!

16. Yeah and Lynch was pretty impressive yesterday also, making it a bit harder

17. apolis

apolis New Member

I think I'll be going:

D Swallow -> Pendlebury

and probably downgrade B Smith.

18. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I'll be going
    OUT: Curnow
    IN: I. Smith
    OUT: Tapscott
    IN: J. Roo

Leaves me with a midfield with
    Swan Judd Selwood Montagna Foley Harris Liberatore Smith Irons
    Leaves me with a forward line with
    N. Riewoldt Pavlich Rioli Goodes S.Johnson J. Riewoldt Krakouer Darling Matera Winmar

Finally gives me MPP with the In Smith trade as i have Midfielders in my forwards (Goodes Pavlich Krakouer Winmar) to rotate with Isaac Smith, will be looking at taking out Irons for another FOR/MID like Mzungu when returns

Thoughts?

19. CHUD

CHUD New Member

sainter- just me but i'd go liberatore out before curnow. its just my view, but i rate heppell and curnow as having the best scoring potential of the rookies. so thats why i got rid of swallow for illes rather than curnow for illes, even though swallow more salary increases in him with a lower BE.

If for whatever reason you've gotta play your mids still on the bench, id rather put curnow out there than libba, smith or irons.

20. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Is it time to consider trading out Grimes, after he's out injured?

@Sainter
    Nothing wrong with that, seems like a good idea but I'd go Libba out first also. Thinking Tapscott is nearing his end. Should have more than enough to get J.Roo, thanks to that Curnow to Smith trade