Round 9 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Pecks, May 16, 2011.

1. Pecks

Pecks New Member

Good to kick this off...

So... Has GAblett shown enough in R8 to grab him?

Should I look at him before Pendles, Mitchell or Pav?

Wot do yer reckon?

2. Pecks

Pecks New Member

...After his R9 bye obviously @$532k

3. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

yes he had an alright game on the weekend ;) he is a bit of an injury risk but I certainly plan to bring him in after the bye.

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Goodness knows what im doing this week... Got issues with Gray, Tapscott, Vince, Curnow, Grimes, Petrie all spudding it up or injured.. Got $500 in the bank so bringing in two premiums, but where or who i have no idea!!

5. The_General

The_General Member

Gotta do an upgrade on Grimes, thinking Enright might be at an alright price.

Then probably just don't have enough to upgrade anyone else. Maybe a Petrie to Fyfe or a Swallow to Hodge will have to look after lockout.

Had 5 premiums out this week which really cost me going for overall. Hopefully next week is a lot better.

6. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

i think I will

petrie>i smith
    lower>chaplin

7. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Might be time to go for Tappy.

Harris could be in the gun as well.

8. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

120k in bank, stanley to jacobs, harris to a nice and cheap dane swan. Leaves me with a mids of Swan Mundy Murphy Pendlebury Boak Cotchin plus who a few rookies

9. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

anyone hear any more news on higgins and rioli ?
    forwards still look like a mixed bag , hard to lock onto anyone
    hodge and ablett going to keep cooking from here?

10. Tino

Tino Member

Rioli should be back next weekend. Higgins - who knows. They change his diagnosis every week.

Krak - Swan
    Curnow - Mzungu (or other cheap option)

11. Pecks

Pecks New Member

OK... Hoping someone will offer some wisdom on my upgrade plan for next 3 weeks (barring Grimeslike catastrophy..)

R9 Curnow > Smith
    Petrie > Pavlich

R10 Rioli > Lynch
    Swallow > Ablett

R11 $200k + Harris > Pendles/Mitchell

Any feedback/opinions greatly appreciated

12. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 15, 2011, 22:09
    Goodness knows what im doing this week... Got issues with Gray, Tapscott, Vince, Curnow, Grimes, Petrie all spudding it up or injured.. Got &#36;500 in the bank so bringing in two premiums, but where or who i have no idea!!</blockquote>

I hope there was meant to be a 'K' after the &#36;500 mate, or otherwise the only two premiums you're bringing in are Didak and Riewoldt (sorry, he was second on the list when sorted by YTD negative salary movement)

13. spud

spud New Member

Looking forward to growing through the team tomorrow and seeing who has what for break-evens and whether any of the GC players in particular are ready to get the chop.

Was very lucky to have hung onto both Savage and Libba, one of the few decisions that appears to have actually been okay this season *curse you, supercoach gods*

Lynch looking like a very tasty downgrade prospect the week after next week. Would suggest that those who haven't already done so might consider looking at I.Smith(Hawks) this week as he is on the bubble and provides what may be some much needed M/F eligibility.

For anyone looking at 'the fish and chip boy' as my grandfather so racially-incorrect puts it, (got to love old people sometimes), wait until the final teams on Friday night are released before bringing in Puopolo as he was injured during the game today and may not make the trip North to play the Swans if he doesn't recover in time.

14. Quantum

Quantum New Member

So this week it's time to get rid of grimes!

Providing puopolo is named, I'm downgrading B. Smith to Puopolo and then upgrading grimes.

My question is who to bring in, with enough money for anyone I'm throwing the question out there who to bring in, leaning towards shaw from the pies ad he seems to be having a good season...

15. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Downgrading to Smith but keeping a eye out on Puopolo since he did injure himself and played on one leg against the Saints. Then there's a open field for me to choose from. Judd, Selwood, Pav, Boyd... Just have to wait during the week and check on the teams on Thursday/Friday

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from spud on May 16, 2011, 02:10
    <blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 15, 2011, 22:09
    Goodness knows what im doing this week... Got issues with Gray, Tapscott, Vince, Curnow, Grimes, Petrie all spudding it up or injured.. Got &#36;500 in the bank so bringing in two premiums, but where or who i have no idea!!</blockquote>

I hope there was meant to be a 'K' after the &#36;500 mate, or otherwise the only two premiums you're bringing in are Didak and Riewoldt (sorry, he was second on the list when sorted by YTD negative salary movement)</blockquote>

;) yea was supposed to be a K in there!! Its alright its nearly time to cash in Richardson for Didak, making me some money!!!

Is Hodgey finally back now? Only &#36;440K and a 90 & 120 in his system going forward. I could do Vince-Hodge for &#36;50K

17. DC

DC Member

Rioli should be back this week.

Higgins who knows..

Chappy & Mitchell Bargins!!

18. DC

DC Member

Quantum

B Smith hasnt made much cash at all...

His score of 7 on the weekend didnt help either...

19. Quantum

Quantum New Member

<blockquote>Quote from DC on May 16, 2011, 09:30
    Quantum

B Smith hasnt made much cash at all...

His score of 7 on the weekend didnt help either...</blockquote>

Well my backline rookies are Toy, Lower, Smith and Heppell.

I think Heppell may be a keeper at this stage and I believe lower and toy will make more yet, and smith just hasn't been mooing that well, so that's why I was thinking of getting rid of him

20. Ryhmesayers

Ryhmesayers New Member

Like others i need to get rid of grimes, so will probably trade Swallow to Smith/Hibberd then Grimes to Shaw.
    Week after looking at Libba to Boyd/Ablett which will give me a midfield of Pendles,Selwood,Judd,Priddis,Fyfe with harris to cover any byes.