Round high score in 3 team bye rounds

Discussion in 'AFL' started by juststarting, Apr 15, 2011.

1. juststarting

juststarting New Member

Hey,
    This is something I hadn't thought about unti recently (doh!)..
    Just wondering if anyone has set up a team purely going for the highest round score in a round with three teams having byes? I reckon if you'd set up a team specifically for this, you'd have a good shot at the $1000 and 15 minutes of fame!

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I think i remember reading that the guy that won in round 1 actually set his team up for the Round 6 bye!!!

3. I do vaguely remember Lucas mentioning something about his focus being round 6...

4. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Yeah, there will be plenty of teams set for this.

5. buzz

buzz Member

Waiting to choose the team until after 2 rounds was something worth trying. You need to choose a heap of players on the bench that are the lowest price players and you can trade like crazy to take advantage of the first or second price rise a player has.
    Then it's a matter of choosing the right rookie to have on the ground as your f7, m6 etc. I've made too many mistakes to have any real crack at it though. Choosing rookies that don't have a bye or started early is important to not delay any price rises.

6. buzz

buzz Member

Possibly loading up on the team playing the GC ,I.e essendon for rd6 is another idea I hope works.

7. spud

spud New Member

Nice idea, Buzz.

Throwing in the likes of Stanton, Watson, Ryder, Heppell, Fletcher etc could work out well.

I'm not looking forward to seeing how the normal teams perform in round 6 though...yikes.

8. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I havent set my team up to win any of these byes but im looking pretty good for Round 6. Only got Lower & Pav missing!!!!

9. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

My 'family members' have set up a few teams for the round 4 and 6 byes. fingers crossed i'll be up there for the money. could really use the grand! though im sure others have had similar ideas and still come down to a fair bit of luck on the day!
    team for this round created at start of season
    Enright Gibbs Delidio Broughton Suckling Lower Duigan (emg Batchelor)
    Swan Pendles Selwood Murphy Cotchin Curnow (emg Swallow)
    Sandi Cox (emg bellchambers)
    Franklin goodes pavlich rioli tapscott darling krak.
    Dont think its the best team going for the round but worth a shot. Made the mistake of lots of GC bench who havent gone up in price for an upgrade trade this wk!

Team I made this wk for round4. took into account melb v GC and have unlimited trades so please feel free to suggest any changes
    Enright Gibbs Grimes Suban Suckling Heppell Duigan (emg McKernan)
    Bolton Swan Watson Hodge Curnow Savage (emg Harris)
    Cox Sandi (smith)
    Franklin goodes rioli silvia fyfe jurrah tapscott
    with $41 600 in the bank

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

@ SKT - if you have many bombers players it would be ideal as we are playing the Sunny boys!

11. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

<blockquote>Quote from buzz on April 14, 2011, 22:52
    Possibly loading up on the team playing the GC ,I.e essendon for rd6 is another idea I hope works.
    </blockquote>

Keep in mind that a game against GC hasn't catered for an individual high score, rather a large spread of good 100-120 scores. Even though they've been smashed twice, the highest individual SC score for a GC opponent has been Marc Murphy with 133. There just aren't enough SC points to go round.

Probably good to get your mid ranged players from the GC opponents, but not the big guns.

12. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

just to update the side i created at the start of the season for the round4 win scored 2457 and was ranked 309. clearly alot of ppl had the same idea!