Ruck Issue

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Apr 24, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Had Mumford then traded him because of his back problems. Got Sandilands last week and got 121 but then he's injured. What do I do? Another trade?

2. Pattay

Pattay New Member

Did the same thing lol .... Im just goin for leagues now so im just gunna hold and save the trade . Hopefully he plays any way

3. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Hold mate, when you got him you should of known he is injury prone, I went Kreuz. He wont be out for long anyway

5. jibba

jibba Member

Have both Sandilands and Mumford. (Giles and Stephenson as cover)
    I win in terms of being screwed.

6. 82asch

82asch New Member

Have had Mumford from the start in a 2-0-2 set up. Thoughts on trading him down to set up a 1-0-3 and pocket about 500K? Giles would be at R2 rather than coming in as emergency every second week when Mummy wakes up with a sore back.

7. Chicko

Chicko New Member

I've got the big Mummy and Giles, Redden and Big O - going for leagues now. Thinking of going Mummy to Nic Nat. I still have Fyfe to contend with so waiting for Friday teamsheets.

Straw poll - pull the trigger on Mummy?

8. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I've got mummy and sandi, gonna hold both if 2 out of the 4 (giles/redden others) get named. If im in donut territory i will prob trade mummy/sandi to nicnat, but i don't want to.

Had them both from start of the year and Sandi was a great POD until last week when everyone jumped on, making Mummy a POD.

Hopefully some witch doctor guru comes along and fixes mummys back and sandi's calf and the both knock out 120s for the rest of the year!

9. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

Chicko,

I'm in the same boat as you with regards to Mummy. Really 50/50 on this, as $500K would pay for 2 1/2 upgrades. However Mummy when he comes good this week or next, could be a nice pod for the rest of the season, as many sent him packing last week.

If his back begins to sound like a long term problem that needs management throughout the year, then he'll be flicked quicker than Higgins hammy twang.

10. jibba

jibba Member

Stephenson was named in the best for the reserves, so he is likely to be back! Mumford's issue seems minor (being an infection rather than structural damage) so i'm hopeful he'll be in! :)
    Sandi will probably miss i think, but they'll give him every chance to play. Good thing we will be able to know for sure as there is a partial lockout :)

11. rlcrhino

rlcrhino New Member

Yeah would hold on Mummy but think big Sandi is a big chance of only playing 10 -14 games this year. Seems to just pick up 2-3 week injuries frequently these days. I had Luenberger and traded him for Ryder due to Sandi's problems otherwise would have taken him.

12. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

<blockquote>Quote from Fitzy on April 24, 2012, 14:41
    Hold mate, when you got him you should of known he is injury prone, I went Kreuz. He wont be out for long anyway</blockquote>

I took his injuries into account and had a decision between him and Nic Nat. I know Sandi will miss games but when he plays, he almost always gets 115+ because he can mark and kick goals. I reckon this will be his last year for fantasy value.

On another Ruck note, I reckon that if Giles keeps performing like this, he should become a keeper. If later in the year you want to upgrade him to Cox and they are scoring similarly, why not keep a trade and let Giles continue to get his 90-100 every week. I reckon in Round 7 against Gold Coast he will explode with a 150+ match.

13. Chicko

Chicko New Member

Thanks Wizard, Warsaken, Jibba, Richrhino - appreciate the thoughts. Looks like I'm holding and hoping that Redden or Big O are named.

Tigersfor2012 - I've been contemplating that myself - holding GIles as a keeper - as long as he keeps it up! Then relying on Redden and Big O to moo it up a little or a lot.

14. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

we may be worrying about nothing, sandilands may play after all

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/fremantle-ruckman-aaron-sandilands-to-shrug-off-injury-in-time-to-face-carlton/story-e6frf9jf-1226337261007