Rules & Changes discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Aug 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I've not looked but I'd think it's as rare that the 9th team wins the ZDC as it is the 1st team wins the Flag tbh.

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Get it mate, but the concept that a team that misses the top 8 gets rewarded with an extra pick confuses me TBH... do we feel there is less involvement in the ZDC than the big dance? I presonally didn't notice it was any better or worse

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

here you go

11th
    15th
    11th
    13th
    15th
    14th
    12th

• Like Like x 2
  4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

It's an idea, and flagged well in advance for it to be fleshed out or flushed out.
    As you know I am invested in assisting struggling teams

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bandit

All for the debate, just throwing my $0.02 in (well more like $0.25)

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

It will make a difference.
    I’ve been known to not put my best team on the park in the Zac Dawson cup, but I definitely would if a pick was up for grabs.

I like the idea

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I would rather can the ZD, leave it as is or bring in a nominal end of Round 3 pick (55) if there really is a need to reward the winning team.

For sure if the Zac worked in reverse and the lower scoring team progressed to the next round instead of the higher scoring one, and was won by a truly struggling team then maybe an end of first rounder would make sense as an equalisation measure.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bandit

Can I understand why?

• Like Like x 1
  9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Haha, just for a bit of fun.
    I’ve never really thought of it as a serious event. I’ve finished 9th or near to it a few times and always been disappointed to miss the finals so I didn’t care too much for trying to win the consolation prize.

Some years I’ve played all my younger players to give my older players an early off-season. I remember some games I tried picking my worst 15 players of those actually selected that week in the AFL. Other times I’ve made up silly make believe stories about players lives which meant they couldn’t play or whatever. I remember also playing players out of position to try them in a different role to see if they improve. I’ve also played players in consideration of being delisted to give them all a chance to win a spot on the list for the next season.
    I’ve certainly had a bit of fun with it, but I’ve played in it too many times for my liking lol, I’d much rather be competing in the big dance :)

10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Humorous diversion and insight into how people think.

But back to the issue. I might be able to see an argument for the teams that finish the H&A series in 18th and 17th place. But the team that wins the ZDC? I don't get that they are the most deserving of a handout..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Bandit

Re: the Zac... I personally don't see much in it anyway. Just like the real deal, if you miss the finals maybe the teams should just finish the season early, have their Mad Monday, and watch the other teams progress through the finals series.

I understand it is about giving people something to participate in... maybe we could set up some grudge matches in those weeks?

• Like Like x 1