Sandliands

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SorryRanga, Jun 24, 2011.

1. SorryRanga

SorryRanga New Member

Looks like he's going to get the nod!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/aaron-sandilands-set-to-return-for-fremantle-against-brisbane-lions/story-e6frf9jf-1226080621861

2. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Ok..so hes back..now is anyone considering playing Smith in front of him. (For those that kept him obviously)

Edit * On the assumption that he may not be 100% right

3. Daveo

Daveo Member

Not me FSB sandi would not be back unless he is right to go. Lets just hope he is not seen wearing a red or green vest.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Is anyone wondering if he'll be a late withdrawal?

There must be some doubt about him considering Griffin has been named as an emergency.

5. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I took the plunge a few weeks back and traded Sandi out for Griffin, so I'm damn-sure hoping Griffin gets some quality game time, and not just a seat in the stands!

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Smith on the bench for mine...but Griffin as emergency has scared me enough to put Smith as one of my emergencies, just in case.

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Better to be safe then sorry

8. Golingo

Golingo New Member

<blockquote>Coach Mark Harvey said the three-time All Australian is likely to miss another month of football</blockquote>

What a disaster for those of us who kept him on the bench during his injury! Another month, with no idea if that might drag out longer, or how it'll effect his game for the last few rounds of the season.

Question is pretty straight forward.. Cash him in and stick with Cox/Smith for the rest of the year, or just wear the out and hope he comes good?

Sigh. His early return was a blessing turned into a curse.

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I went to Griffin week 2, and count myself very lucky, as no doubt he will come back in for Lurch now... can only hope he continues to smash out the 100 average... surely he has to be an option for those who do not have him at 320k?

10. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Lobbe playing well currently 195k in rucks i think also available in forward, if looking for downgrade although trading Sandi for Griffen would be smart as with Sandi out Griff will take most of the ruck load once again

11. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

12. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

@ Golingo

Turf Toe can take up to twelve months for full recovery.

He may not come back and play well this year.

I flicked him the first week.

13. obleex

obleex New Member

Who's the best sideways trade option? (Excluding Cox, Petrie.)

14. DC

DC Member

Ahh very annoying about him going down AGAIN!

15. Fez

Fez Moderator

Goldstein looks a good sideways or Mummy when he comes back

16. Jay

Jay New Member

Did Hamish Macintosh play in the VFL this week? With him not being too far away, how would that affect Goldstein's scoring?

17. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I think it may affect his scoring a bit, but with McIntosh will also help Goldstein in a way, McIntosh's return would mean that those two could overpower other ruckmen easily.
    e.g, say this was versing St Kilda for instance, As our ruckmen say Gardiner hasn't returned yet so (McEvoy) is our only ruckmen, as opposed to McIntosh V McEvoy where both players are getting tired at the same time and their work rate drops, Goldstein could then come on for McIntosh making it Goldstein (Fresh) V McEvoy (Tired), this makes it easier for Goldstein at centre bounces (McEvoy not being able to jump as high) and at a Field Bounce (Goldstein overpowering McEvoy easily when they lock arms), this would mean Goldstein/McIntosh will win more hit outs and as they don't have much of a contest with McEvoy worn out they have more time to think about where they are tapping it to, therefore that could bring more hit outs to advantage into play, extra SC points. This COULD also help Petrie owners, instead of Petrie playing 75&#37; Forward and 20&#37; Ruck he could play 90&#37; Forward and the occasional 5&#37; in the Ruck, this would mean Petrie being more of a permanent Forward allowing him to kick more goals, but that's also taking him of the ball for 15&#37;-20&#37; of Game Time which means his Contested Possessions + Tackles might drop a bit.

18. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I think with McIntosh coming back, I think it'll affect Petrie's score more than Goldstein.

Goldstein will get less of the tap but should still be no.1 ruckman, but Petrie will be more permanent forward rater than being a pinch ruckman. If he gets more or less of the ball will be determined when we see those three mentioned play together.

Could be like the 3 ruck experiment with the Bombers, but we see that there's one that struggles.

19. Dirty_Whorks

Dirty_Whorks New Member

Sorry big guy, I kept the faith but your big toe just isn't doing it for me. See you next year!

I feel like I've just won a ton at Crown... now to go shopping....

20. bama

bama Active Member

Choices for me are Jamar or Mummy, do I go Jamar this week and avoid a donut, or wait a couple of weeks and get the big mummy?