Scotland may be in trouble

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 82asch, Apr 11, 2012.

1. 82asch

82asch New Member

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Who cares, minor injuries - would be different if we were talking a David Hookes.

Similar to the Swan incident YEARS back, nothing will happen in court to prevent him taking the field.

3. jibba

jibba Member

I think anyone who has him needs to trade him out this week.
    Last year, Impromptu mentioned how he avoided St. Kilda players due to off-field problems and how N.Roo is a player that looking back should've been traded out after Rnd 2.
    Scotland probably is that player this year, and could easily be traded to Dempsey/Malceski or Delids/Goddard/Birchall for great benefits.
    (Impromptu may even trade him out this week!)

4. Lucas

(And that's coming from a card-carrying and founding member of the "Scotland is a filthy traitor" club)

5. Lucas

BTW if you trade Scotland it's because you think with Judd-Murphy-etc the ball won't get in defence as often, he's better in losses than wins, and the Blues look likely to be even further in the ledger of wins this season.

Not because of this off-field trouble, though I'm sure everything that takes a player's attention off the task at hand isn't good. Leigh Matthews was always a big one for a player's mental preparation.

6. 82asch

82asch New Member

Where can I get one of those cards Lucas?

I would think that if it turns out he was lying to the club they would take a pretty hard line similar to Didak/Shaw a few years ago though...

7. DC

DC Member

Pretty sure I read that Carlton will not be taking action against Scotland. (so wont be missing any games)

From an SC view he hasnt had trouble finding the ball... he has just got his hands on it when the game was already over hence the lower scores...

Anyway I wouldnt be trading him... surely there is other areas of concern for most teams!

8. Lucas

Big difference, one was lying to the cops as well, almost a hit and run.

And to be honest our year was shot, so we were able to hit disciplinary action on a few players with a seemingly serious impact (missed 2 finals) but in actual positional terms no difference.

I think you'll find this issue just goes away, as they often do when involving Carlton.

9. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Scotland may have learned his tricks whilst training at Pieland all those yrs ago :)
    nothing's black and white (unless yr lying) hohorhor