Scott Thompson - top 7 midfielder?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by RV, May 4, 2011.

1. RV

RV New Member

Just pondering this folks and keen to hear your thoughts.

Scott Thompson currently ave 118 (104BE this week), their only remaining bye is not in a head to head round (round 16). Crows have a number of 'easier' games this season imo, 2xGC games, etc, and he does not have too many stars in the midfield taking points from him.

I guess my question is: do you think he will finish in the top 7 or so midfielder's in the league at seasons end.

I am leaning ever so slightly towards picking him up as a premium in my midfield and a slight POD?

Only going for the league win.

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

NO.... (only so everyone doesnt jump on as he's me POD)

I picked him up after his 2nd game and havent looked back.. As Lucas said preseason, he is collecting all the left over points from Goodwin & co...

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@RV

Have had him since R1 on the assumption that with Goodwin gone he would rise and have not been disappointed. The return of Sloane may rob him slightly, but he really is a cut above any other Crows midfielder.
    Top 7? Difficult to say. If you include only pure midfielders (no Chappy, Fyfe, etc.) he would be right up there. Factor in poor performance and injury from some, against new contenders (e.g., Sam Mitchell) and if 6,7,8 are all around the 120 av., ranking doesn't matter too much.

4. Beauy

Beauy New Member

I can't get him with my other plans at present but I would jumping on that one, great POD and no one to takes points off him.

His only concerns are tends to drop his scores when playing away and gives away more than your average amount of free kicks.

Good tackler and tends to kick more than handball although not really a goal scorer which would challenge the top tier question.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Nice assessment Beauy.

6. RV

RV New Member

Cool thanks chaps. I need to work out the $$$ before I even contemplate it, just thought he might fit well into my side.

7. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

I would say Mundy is more likely to be a top 7 mid than Thompson if you're looking for POD's