Shaw Delema

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Fitzy, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

I don't have Broughton and Shaw is the only person in my backline that isnt performing great or isnt going to moo. And I wouldn't mind Dempsey in. Does anyone know weather Shaw is Shaw to bounce back? if he is out of form or injured or something? Cheers

2. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Not sure about Shaw too! But in my backline he is hurting me and after 2 rounds enough is enough. Was silly of me to leave Goddard out but see the error of my ways and want him in.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Anyone that selected Shaw surely knows he is known to put in shockers when he gets tagged? You have to put up with incredible lows with him.

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Yeah good put thunda, but was hoping for me then 75 2 weeks in a row! :(

5. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Its Heath Shaw, he is only play you can put your house on that he will disappoint you every year!!

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I have Shaw and Broughton. Broughton will be first to go.

I would hold onto Shaw simply because of his positional JS, as opposed to Broughton.

We know Shaw will play half back and be heavily involved in the rebound for the pies. Broughton is an unknown and if he is tagging players while Mundy is out and Barlow easing his way back in...then just think what it will be like when they are back. I don't see it getting any better for Broughton.

A strong performance from Birchall today is all I need to have confidence in ditching Broughton.

7. whips

whips New Member

I'm glad that 91 + 76 does not equal dilemma for me.
    Otherwise the rest of my team would have me suicidal.

8. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Any money if Brisbane hadn't capitulated and Scotland scored 70's, he would be on the block as well. Defenders in particular are prone to swings and roundabouts. Broughton is a little different with his role change.

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on April 9, 2012, 11:22
    Its Heath Shaw, he is only play you can put your house on that he will disappoint you every year!!</blockquote>

Do you have him, if not who do you have instead? (Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Broughton, ???)

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Would not be surprised to see Shaw get a 140+ in one of the next 3 weeks v Carl,Port, Ess. A keeper and thus he stays.

10. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

fact is goddard, deledio, scotland and shaw will all be top 10 defenders again this year barring LTI. they were my four picked premiums and if you have any of them you are simply wasting a trade to save a dollar drop this week.

my early trades last year (was in top 1000) were rookie corrections and im sticking with that plan!

11. hellsangel

hellsangel New Member

lucas im a shaw lover and keeper since time immamorial but did he tear a groin on satdee (youll notice I used the pie terminology)

if he's injoored hes worthy of a sideway's otherwise stick wiff him

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from griff on April 9, 2012, 22:57
    Any money if Brisbane hadn't capitulated and Scotland scored 70's, he would be on the block as well. Defenders in particular are prone to swings and roundabouts. Broughton is a little different with his role change.

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on April 9, 2012, 11:22
    Its Heath Shaw, he is only play you can put your house on that he will disappoint you every year!!</blockquote>

Do you have him, if not who do you have instead? (Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Broughton, ???)</blockquote>

Nope dont have Shaw. Got BJ, Lids, Broughton, Heppell, Hurn & Hanley as main defenders

13. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Thats a very solid Backline thunda, and hellsangel are you shaw he tore a groin? lol