Ship is sinking: where to plug the holes?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by 22nd_best_on_Field, Apr 18, 2012.

1. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Apologies for the thread but couldn't find an appropriate thread to post it in (& didn't want to hi jack someone's thread with off topic)
    Havent traded as yet but have so many holes this week the ship seems to be sinking, question is what would you do? Which holes would you plug if this was ur team?
    , have $12900 in the bank

Team: Goddard, Lids, Shaw, Malceski, Lake, Bugg, Dempsey, (Ellis, Guthrie)
    Pendles, GAJ, SelwoodJ, Watson, Magner, coniglio, (McDonanld, Cunningham)
    Cox, Giles, (redden, Stephenson)
    Buddy, sidebottom, Fyfe, porp, Kennedy, smith, Martin, (Dickson, smedts

Injury Concerns: dempsey, Fyfe
    Underperforming: Martin, shaw Cox

Others feel free to post ur team for trade advice in this thread!

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Stick tough with the under performers , I have Dempsey think I will carry him as I have good backline coverage, Wait to see the Verdict on Fyfe, trade him out if he's going to miss games , just make sure you don't have any zeros , maybe have to sideways a Fwd rookie who will make u cash And play if Dickson and Smedts don't play

3. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

I read the 'sinking ship' headline and thought this team must have had Leuenberger, Goodes, B Reid, Cameron and Kerr!! But if its any consolation at all 22ndBOF, I reckon there's a heap of teams out there with similar concerns to yours and many coaches will have to trade this week to avoid donuts. Your forwards are the only line needs minor tweaking this week IMO.....and 5 out of the 7 starters had pretty good games last week.

Waddya worried about !!??!! Lol

4. Dino

Dino New Member

Even though Martin, Cox and Shaw are under performing, I wouldn't be looking at offloading them just yet. You chose them for a reason so back them in. Martin and Shaw will come good imo. Cox may need to be looked at, but not just yet.

There is a chance Dempsey and Fyfe may play this weekend so your concerns may be eased a little. Your side isn't that bad really. You have coverage for Lake and Dempsey if they don't play. Very good mids, backs are solid. Wait and see on Fyfe. He is a concern imo with his dodgy shoulder and you could look at trading him if you have too. Plenty of options available and a bonus that you haven't traded yet so using 2 this week is a good option.

If it was my team I would Trade Fyfe. Who too, well a decision only you can make, but their are some good options available. Cunningham also needs to be looked at imo. Is he going to get consistent games and score well enough to be a good cow? Don't want a bench spot not doing anything for you. Treloar is someone you can look at I think and it opens up m/f link. 3 GWS mids isn't a worry as Coniglio and McDonald should have mooed enough to be upgraded by the time the byes come around

Good luck with whatever you do.