Sidebottom vs. Lewis

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, May 18, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Yes this may seem obvious to most, but my circumstances are making me question Sidebottom. First of all, I have a massive game this week which promises to go down to the wire hence why I am trading out Shiel for one of these two. Eventually they will move into the forward line of course. Shiel has peaked, and isn't playing this week either, so no worries there. The reason I am thinking Lewis is because I already have 3 Magpies (Shaw, Swan and Beams) and when I am also planning on getting Pendlebury in at some point (must have for finals), I'm thinking 5 from the same team can't be a good thing, especially when 4 of them are predominantly midfielders and Shaw is often up there too, surely they can't all play well, and surely the pies will rest some come finals, the more I have the more likely one of my players will be rested.

Not to mention Lewis himself is killing it and up until two weeks ago, was having a better season than Sidebottom. Plus he had a much better average than Sidebottom last season and in all seasons before that.

Opinions on which one to bring in would be much appreciated.

2. kennas

kennas New Member

Too many of those Pies is only bad for the bye really. I think both are great picks for their value and DPP. If the bye is a factor for you get Lewis in first and then grab Sideb after the bye.

3. Muppets

Muppets Member

Lewis is better value ATM and is very consistent with his 90-100 scores. The number of Pies only matters for bye rounds and then only if you have a few other round 12 players. Perhaps prioritise who you want first out of Pendles and Sidey. If it's Pendles then get Lewis now, if it's Sidey then easy trades this week.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Sidebottom easily over Lewis.

5. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Sidey has gone to another level this year. Ledge!

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

As I started with Sidebottom and traded into Lewis when dumping Fyfe I hope that both end up as top 6 fwds !

That said - sidebum is in gr8 form and coudl be the differnce in a tight league game in the next few weeks !

7. 82asch

82asch New Member

Good topic. I have Sidey and am looking to get Lewis in as well ASAP! I don't like the idea of Beams and Sidey in the same team especially with Swan, Shaw and Pendles already there - with Thomas coming back you just start to wonder if there is enough pie for everyone and Sidey or Beams might get the odd lowish score as they would probably be the first to miss out. Lewis seems very consistent on the other hand without going huge. At the end of the day I think both are excellent choices though and whichever you choose should go well for the rest of the season.

8. rory_braker

rory_braker New Member

I agree with 82asch that Sidey might drop points with Daisy coming back. But the same will be true of Lewis when Hodge starts chomping on the pie at Hawthorn.

That said, I reckon Sidey is looking like a top 3 option this year. I would grab him this week if I could, unfortunately no plump cows up forward yet.

9. jibba

jibba Member

I think Hodge would play a more Half Back role when he'd come back into the side
    I haven't been following Hawthorn, but he seemed to be doing that when I watched him play this year

I think Lewis is the better option, the Sidey boat has gone. You are paying too much for him compared to those who picked him up at the start for 100k cheaper.

10. donatello

donatello New Member

Ironbum for me, as I already have him, one of my next fwd upgrades will be Lewis, so you are splitting hairs, depends on byes and other players already in your team I guess.

11. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Got SideBum in 3 weeks ago for Goodes..... Probably my best trade for the year. $80k cheaper and has scored 133, 155 & 111.

12. jibba

jibba Member

Of course I got in Lewis and he delivers his worst score for the year =.=

I already had Sidey from the start though....

13. DC

DC Member

Dangerman/Sidebottom this thread should be titled!

14. silacious

silacious New Member

Don't forget Zaha either guys. he's a decent option too

15. Ratmata

Ratmata Member

As was Mitch Robinson until he self imploded along with the rest of Carlton.

16. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Both Sidey & Lewis are must haves,
    might be slightly better value bringing in Lewis first,
    but expect Sidey to score higher than Lewis this round.