smith hibb puop lynch sip js and opinion

Discussion in 'AFL' started by VanderHaar, May 17, 2011.

1. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

just looking at downgrade targets
    hibbard ess
    sipos saints
    puop hawks
    smith hawks
    lynch gc

what does everyone think about their js or about their actual game

who would take ?

2. dominatorcam

dominatorcam New Member

Hibberd is the safe bet at the moment with injuries in bomberland.
    Smith should hold his game with 2 changes to be made at Hawthorn already.
    All the others look quite good

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Pissoff would be the only one you could say will play out the year.

You have couple weeks to make a move of Lynch as Gold Coast have the bye this week..

Siposs, Poo, Hibberd, Lynch, Smith i reckon in that order for job security...

4. weazel

weazel Member

hibbs until hurley comes back sipos not sure about, ross has lost it poopoo and smith look good with more injuries at hawks and can't see lynch getting dropped imo

5. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

Agreed...Hibbert has the benifit of being "mature age" body wise aswell so you would expect with two byes to come his shouldn't get rested at all and with the LTI's to Demp and Winda and now with watto out for 2-3 he has the time to earn his permanent spot(if preseason form is anything to go by he should keep it too).
    that being said Lynch Smith both have very attractive BE's.

for mine - linch this week. Smith in next (already have Hibbert & poopa).
    im steering clear of Sipos

6. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

@stkildathunda thanks mate , i now have the name pissoff embedded in my brain lol

yer thats the only thing worrying me about hibbard is i think hes only a replacement for hurley

pisso.....siposs has been scoring well in a losing team , tho a lot of the attention isnt on him seeing as 19 players tag nick rewalt a game

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

22nd best on with gold coast bye bring in lynch next week Isaac smith will come in my midfield for the mpp link

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

Thanks Fez...that was always the plan with smith on the bubble and lynch bye this week.. I’m just semi-retarded and typed them wrong, that being said - i may very well have extended my run of brilliance and traded them in wrong as well!

9. 22nd_best_on_Field

The hurdle is which cow goes in order to bring in Smith – rookies that are options are as follows: MID: Harris, Conca, Libba, Prestia. FWD: Matera, Tapscott, Richardson. I can either get smith in FWD or MID as already have the link with Prestia sat on the mids bench but am struggling for where to get him in as all playing cows have low BE this round so who is the best to cull? Harris may be a keeper for mind, Richardson is obviously the weakest link but wont net me any cash to help with other upgrades so maybe I can afford to leave him there and hope like hell he gets a game at some stage this season. my forwards are strong and have the FWD/MID link so doubt I will need a third playing bench player urgently (FWDS: ROK, Franklin, Goodes, J Riewoldt, N Riewoldt, Darling (Tapscott, Matera, Richardson) Currently have 283k in bank.
    WHO GOES - Thoughts?

10. don

don New Member

Anyone watch Ben Jacobs from Port on the weekend? I realize he's still a week away but is apparently well thought of at Port and has D/M MPP.

The reason I raise it here is i'm not that impressed with what i've seen of Hibberd so far but want to get in a D/M link so will either get Hibberd this week or wait a week on Jacobs, so am interested in people's thoughts around his scoring and JS? Thanks..

11. don

don New Member

@22nd_best_on_Field I think Matera is close to his maximum and with a bye this week wouldn't be the worst option to sell.

12. DC

DC Member

Getting Hibbs this week in the MIDDLE to use with Gibbs/Goddard and Heppell down back..

Dont see him as a back downgrade option. Making most of his M/D

stkildathunda...

How sure are you that Siposs will play all year?

I am keen on I smith in the middle as well but do not want to trade in a rookie unless they will play out most of the year.

At this stage

Curnow -> Hibberd
    Swallow -> I Smith

= 2 Upgrade Matera and Lower next week

13. dappa

dappa New Member

I already have smith and hibberd so my plan this week is pissoff trade for matera and also trade in poopoo for mckernan who I expected more from. Next week get in lynch in place of tapscott and bring in little gaz after his change in form last week and both their byes out of the way ......thoughts?

14. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

matera still going to make cash ?
    i have matera as well but im also stuck with pitt who seems to be on a razors edge , ie emergency player and sub last week
    to be honest with ablet i had no thoughts of bringin him in , until last week
    can drive you crazy this game lol

15. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@ DC

Im pretty sure mate, Ross mentioned how happy he was with Pissoff & Crippsy in his press conference and when he does that it means they are set for a decent stint in the side. Put it this way i reckon Koshithouski will get dropped b4 him. He has also finally clicked that its time to play the kids. Only bloke pushing for his spot would be Gamble.
    He'll play until the bye anyway at this stage. So thats another 4/5 weeks.
    Will be a massive outcry by Saints fans if he's dropped :p GO PISSOFF!!!

16. clackerz

clackerz Member

I've got Hibbs and the poop machine, so I'm looking at I.Smith as my mids have a hole (thanks Watson).
    I'd like to get Crispy (for Lower)or Pissoff (for Matera)but still undecided on whether to do x2 downgrades this week now that I have a broken premium to deal with.....
    Trying to upgrade the mids, not plug up with more Rookies!

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Splitting Poops and Hibbs is pretty tough.

Both mature aged, both averaging the same, both in the team due to their respective sides injuries.

Will Poops be straight out when Bruce comes back?

I think Hibberd may have slightly less JS, but hard to say.

Anyone got anything to split em?

18. DC

DC Member

Hibbs with d/m gets the nod from me... Will be in the team the next month no doubt... If he plays like he did in the preseason it will be hard to see him replaced...

19. broge

broge New Member

@nick that's the same problem i'm having, can't split either of them. As DC said I think hibberd just because of MPP and then next week u can get jacobs to use it without having to sub the big guns in the mids. But agree poops has a little bit more js atm, but game can turn that all around

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

DC - fair point with DPP. For me he's not going in the mids, its backline DG or nothing. With that in mind, does Hibbs still get the nod?

Broge - why do you think Poops has better JS?