So.... Whos feeling Saad?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gogonz, May 15, 2012.

1. gogonz

gogonz New Member

No idea on his score tonight but he's got be set for a long time in the Saints line up after his efforts.

Not a hell of a lot of other options in the fwd line.

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Anyone considering Saad may want to be careful as Schneider is playing in VFL this weekend and once has game or two under his belt will come straight back into our 22.

"Adam Schneider is a quality player and he is in our best side, without doubt,'' Watters said.

"He's an elite kicker of the football and an extremely smart operator.

"He'll play this week with Sandringham and as soon as he's ready to go we'll find a way to get him back in to the side. He's an elite player who we need in our system.''

3. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Thought your foward structure was much better with Saad in there - the pressure they put on the Blues was excellent - actually they did it all over the ground but having Milera, Milne and Saad worked wonders for a team that didn't apply enough pressure against good opposition this year. Will be surprised if Saad is replaced in the side for that reason - Schneider isn't exactly known for his pressure on the ball carrier, but he's a quality ball user and can be played on the wing. As you say he would have to step into your 22 when fit - hope it isn't at the expense of Saad because I'm trading the latter in this week after watching him on Monday night.

4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I need to bring in a R13 bye rookie fwd, and I think Saad is a good option, although if he doesn't play rounds 11 and/or 12, then it's pretty stupid to bring him in.

I may hold off for a bit and see what options there are come round 9

5. anthak

In saying that though, there doesn't look to be a lit of good rookie fwds with r13 bye on the horizon.

I think I may roll the dice and trade in Saad.

6. The_Swert

The_Swert Active Member

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on May 18, 2012, 15:14
    In saying that though, there doesn't look to be a lit of good rookie fwds with r13 bye on the horizon. </blockquote>

Tommy Walsh and Alex Sexton are debuting this week, both have the r13 bye.

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

In saying that though, there doesn't look to be a lit of good rookie fwds with r13 bye on the horizon.

I think I may roll the dice and trade in Saad. </blockquote>

Agreed reagrdign lack of rd13 bye rookie forwards ant. Are you looking to hold him until he moos or flick him in round 13 in order to trade around byes to avoid donuts?

Fortunately I dont need to bring in a Rd13 bye rookie in order to trade around the byes. While I liked Saad preseoasn and thought he played well agaisnt the Blues I think that I will give him a miss as I am looking to hold 2 trades for Rd10 or 11 to move on any rookies with bad job security for the byes.

My view is that by if you trade Saad in now, you would be doing it to trade him out in rd13. For this to work he needs to play rds 8-12 and score well and then you would make enough &#36;&#36;&#36; from 5 price rises (rd8/9/10/11/12) to make it worthwhile making 2 trades.

That's a big IF and there is a definite downside risk. Of course tiem is a factor and anyone trading in Spurr and plannign to trade him out in rd 12 is in an even worse position with only 4 price rises (rds8/9/10/11) if they burst their bubble this week - equivalent to trading out one of your starting cows after rd 6 (which is very early).

8. TheTassieHawk

@the swert - i think tommy walsh has the rd 12 bye, but I also think that Saad is a betteer propsect than the 2 you mention anyway.

9. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Tommy Walsh will not be a DT/SC relevant player. Look at his preseason scores if you dont believe me!

10. TheTassieHawk

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on May 18, 2012, 16:28
    Tommy Walsh will not be a DT/SC relevant player. Look at his preseason scores if you dont believe me! </blockquote>

the same goes for wilkes !!

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Difference is Wilkes can actually play Aussie Rules, Tommy Walsh cant at all.

12. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from TheTassieHawk on May 18, 2012, 15:43

I think I may roll the dice and trade in Saad. </blockquote>

Agreed reagrdign lack of rd13 bye rookie forwards ant. Are you looking to hold him until he moos or flick him in round 13 in order to trade around byes to avoid donuts?

Fortunately I dont need to bring in a Rd13 bye rookie in order to trade around the byes. While I liked Saad preseoasn and thought he played well agaisnt the Blues I think that I will give him a miss as I am looking to hold 2 trades for Rd10 or 11 to move on any rookies with bad job security for the byes.

My view is that by if you trade Saad in now, you would be doing it to trade him out in rd13. For this to work he needs to play rds 8-12 and score well and then you would make enough &#36;&#36;&#36; from 5 price rises (rd8/9/10/11/12) to make it worthwhile making 2 trades.

That's a big IF and there is a definite downside risk. Of course tiem is a factor and anyone trading in Spurr and plannign to trade him out in rd 12 is in an even worse position with only 4 price rises (rds8/9/10/11) if they burst their bubble this week - equivalent to trading out one of your starting cows after rd 6 (which is very early).

</blockquote>
    Yeah, my plan is to trade him in now and then out just before his bye.
    I currently have 4 fwd cows with round 11 bye, with no prem fwd's out that weekend (from bye anyway). This can be fixed up in many ways, but the way things are on other lines, the best way for me is to trade porps to Saad this week. Use money to upgrade someone, and trade saad out before his bye.

13. anthak

Best way that I can see anyway