Start Heppell or Hibberd?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Jul 1, 2011.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Torn over this. Have a MUST win game this week with not many differences in teams and so I want to make certain of every decision. Have a few stats to help...

Heppell's avg is 82.77
    Hibberd's is 72.86

Heppell's avg at Etihad is 82
    Hibberd's is 75.5

Heppell's form is 58.3(last 3) and 73(last 5(only because of the 111 five weeks ago))
    Hibberd's is 73.7(last 3) and 77(last 5)

The averages say Heppell, but I'm really considering Hibberd because of the recent form, and how they both play when in the side together. Will Heppell turn it around or is Hibberd better with his 70-85 odds. Did like Heppell's 25 touches last week, even if he did only score 66 it's a good sign.

Help would be much appreciated.

2. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

i thought heppell was stiff to only get 66...thought he was pretty good amongst some horrible team mates...

most will stick with heppell over hibberd if they have him, i know i will but not with much confidence

3. bjd85

bjd85 New Member

Geelong may play tighter on Heppell and don't discount Hibberd's ability to take a few contested grabs. I'd go Hibberd.

4. DC

DC Member

Heppell was very stiff to only get 66 but most of his touches were in the second half when the game was already over so thats why his possessions were not worth many points.

Very tough call for this week.

I am in the same boat...

Heppell light frame against the bigger Geelong bodies.

Hibberd will get a fair few touches as well with the ball going into Geelongs forward line like crazy.

Ahhh I have prob made it even more confusing lol

5. Golingo

Golingo New Member

I've gone with Heppell... but there isn't anything I can say here to justify that decision. Very hard to split them.

Tentatively my plan is to still hold Heppell and upgrade Hibberd.

6. clackerz

clackerz Member

Tough one.
    Currently I've got Heppell as M6. I've got Hibberd sitting on the pine in the back with Poops & Jacobs.

Not sure, maybe put it to fate and toss a coin up....

7. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

definetly a toss of the coin job

8. 22nd_best_on_Field

22nd_best_on_Field New Member

I’ve got Heppell, Poo Poo's and Hibbert all fighting for the last def spot this week,
    They have all been given the on field nod on different days during the week though.. Hesitation is all three are running up against top two sides and may get starved of opportunity...that being said i tragically sat through the horror that was last Friday night boundary side and thought all three showed some good signs, was most impressed with Heppell - showed a fair bit, thought he would of scored 85-95 from the game so I’m going early and tipping his form slump to turn around (against the unbeaten cats I know)