Starting rookies for your side

Discussion in 'AFL' started by NumberWonGuns, Mar 25, 2012.

1. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

What rookies are people looking at starting?

And who should I start out of McDonald and shiel and Adam Kennedy and Dickson?

2. Turbs

Turbs New Member

I have all of them ....

my headache is ... to have coniglio or not ... i have a hunch he will be a massive moo'er

3. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

No:1 Jason rates Dickson highly so I'd take his advice on the forward choice.

Turbs get Coniglio.

Can't advise you on the other choice as I'm currently trying to decide out of Shiel and Magner.

4. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

yeah having trouble working out who to start out of morris, spurr, bugg in DEF (need 1), shiel, kennedy, ledger or magner in MIDS (need 2) and hall, dickson, cameron in FWD (need 1).

thoughts guys? im leaning toward all the GWS blokes - is this smart?

5. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Starting Coniglio and Magner in the mids, D.Smith in the forwards, Ellis, Bugg and Morris in the backs but still not entirely convinced on Bugg and Morris being starter material and obviously Giles in the ruck. Could start Mohr in the backs, scored pretty well his last two games.

Also not sure why people are jumping all over ledger, yeh he scored well his last game but he only played because Hayes got smashed. His vest potential is through the roof.

6. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

cameron or dickson in forwards?

7. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Is Dickson a big chance to score more than Kennedy or Cameron? What about shiel v McDonald? Need help urgently guys. All thoughts and opinions, good or bad

8. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Thanks AA, I've had Coniglio and Magner on all day and was starting to waver. The moral support is appreciated.

9. NumberWonGuns

NumberWonGuns New Member

Who would you put ahead of ledger AA? Currently have magnet, shiel and old mac. Who else would you go?

10. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

That's the dilemma mate, there isn't really much else to go to.

I've set the E on Shiel in case Magner is a withdrawal (JMac is my other mid rookie). Reason I've gone Coniglio is simple, what other midfielder outside of the obvious ones (Shiel, Magner etc.) has a. Job Security and b. Senior experience (despite being 18, Coniglio has played a fair amount of games in the WAFL).

Ledger, Stevens, Neale, Wingard, C.Smith etc etc don't have the job security, i'll pay the extra to guarantee that and in all probability, an extra 15+ points a game. Don't let me talk you out of Ledger though, I could be wrong, no one bar the St Kilda brains trust knows, i'm just working with probabilities.

11. graeme

graeme Guest

AS this is a partial lockout the only decisions that need to be finalised are (1) sydney and gws players; and (2) do you put them on the field, put the E on them, or bench them.

12. graeme

graeme Guest

a bigger problem (for me) is getting on the hun's website

13. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Some of the selections tonight however could have a bearing on some of the other rookies or even players in general that you'll be able to pick if you're lying close towards exhausting the salary cap.

14. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

So once an emergency is selected that cant be changed..is that right?

15. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Mohr or Bugg? Quick awnser is a good awnser in this situation

16. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Yes, Chels that's been my only dilemma.

Start Magner or Shiel. I've had Magner on all day.

The thumbs are shouting out for Shiel and I'm hearing but don't want to listen.

17. graeme

graeme Guest

true AA, but am ok on salary cap having squeezed 14 premiums and 14 rookies (with Ledger) in. A decision delayed is a decision not made

18. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Access the sc site through the foxsports website, I have no problems through there.

19. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

20. graeme

graeme Guest

I've got the E on Shiels with Magner sidelined - I can trade him in though next week (as I understand it). Cannot take the E off Shiels once he has played