Stevie J. Time to go?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 17, 2012.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

As the subject suggests, I am contemplating jumping off Steve Johnson, scores of 58, 68 and 56 mean he has already dropped 76k, and it promises to go down a whole lot more before it gets any better. Is it smart to jump off now? Or should I just stick with him? I just want him to start killing it and show enough to be considered a keeper, which I classify as the top 7 in his position. I don't want to have to trade him out before finals when he's at 400k. Decisions decisions, help would be great!

Also if so, who for?

2. meataxe

meataxe Guest

Think you should stick with SJ unless he's injured or if he's had a significant role change. Has been a upper bracket SC forward for many years now...may not average 105+ like last year, however should be good for 90+ for the rest of the season.

I would only sideways if you are absolutely convinced he will average 70s or worse.

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Stevie J is bit like Heath Shaw. Will score you 150 or 60. Remember Geelong have had tough opening to season. He plays Richmond, Brisbane, Melbourne, Collingwood, Bulldogs, GWS, Carlton before his bye. Some massive games there for him!

4. gogonz

gogonz New Member

dunno...... with the exception of selwood, i thought just about all cats premiums were overpriced.

5. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I'm hanging for after round 5-6 to buy Stevie at bargain basement price.
    For anyone chasing the league win he's a must have,
    his averages versus his final 2 round opponents are higher than any other forward,
    & he'll be beautifully priced in 2-3 weeks.
    Condolences to current holders though.

6. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

yep same here fidelsfinger. Thought he was overpriced at the start but will be as cheap as chips in a few weeks so he'll be coming into the team then.

Little concerned about a possible role change though he seems to have been playing mainly as a forward this year and getting the tag whereas last year he seemed to be rotating through the midfield more? could be wrong but thats the way its looked on telly. But in answer to your question alex i would hold him personally, if you're going to get rid of him it would surely have to be this week otherwise you'll be losing way too much cash