Sub Preditions This Week

Discussion in 'AFL' started by crew, Apr 5, 2011.

1. crew

crew New Member

Seems to be that a running mid is favored by most with the time being last 1/4 to come on if no injuries have been had. Once on the trend is let them run on the ball for the 1/4 so that in mind Krackhore is hot favorite but still a supercoach nightmare....So putting this up to get peoples opinion on likley subs for the week as it's the one thing that is totally out of our control..

2. DC

DC Member

No idea! Way to hard to pick now..

Did all the subs from last week come from one of the 4 players named on the bench?

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

DC no, absolutely amazed if krak starts as the sub might end though, guess with pies playing Friday night well find out by lock out

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Mick has as good as said Krak will not be the sub this week on his coaches comments which goes out to members.

Mainly about getting the time on ground spread out over a range of players.

Heath Shaw was unlucky this week and there will be someone else next week.

I'd still suggest Buckley will get some time as a sub, but Mick seems really keen to build his confidence, so maybe not for a few more weeks.

That being the case, don't be surprised with Beams, Sidebottom or Wellingham getting a taste of the sub in the near future.

I'd think Maxwell might be subbed OFF this week, that's just a tip if the Pies have the game under control.

5. bfish

bfish New Member

As long as it isn't captain Swanny Lucas!

6. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

Maybe we should have a Sub-tipping competition, see how many you can get right (just those that start as the sub).

I'm tipping (for the first 2 games):
    Collingwood - Wellingham
    Carlton - Garlett

Dogs - Picken
    Suns - N Krakouer

7. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I reckon wait until teams are announced. Anything can happen between now and then.

That said yeah Chicken Picken Licken is looking like he is the ideal sub this week.

Would not be shocked if Libba subbed though or Ward or even Djerkurra again. Dogs bat deep in the midfield.

8. BrennyC

BrennyC New Member

I personally see Buckley/Maxwell being the Sub at the pies. Start with Maxwell on, then sub him off either late in the 3rd or early in the 4th.

Though Maxwell did say on Twitter that Swan being sub this week will stuff up many dreamteam captains :p I'm sure that was just a joke though.

9. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

@AchillesII Absolutely no chance in hell Garlett will start as a sub. He's arguably Carlton's most potent forward

10. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on April 5, 2011, 14:35That said yeah Chicken Picken Licken is looking like he is the ideal sub this week.</blockquote>Billy's Boy is preferable.

11. crew

crew New Member

I'm tipping Doogs to be green at the start for the Blues.
    @ Achillies not a bad idea for a privat league ........hmmmmm have posted on mine now ......We only have a problem if we dont gamble lol.

12. My Money for Carlton's on either Duigan or Watson, Collingwood I'd guess maybe Neon could get the green

13. Fez

Fez Moderator

Reckon if Maxwell comes back surely Buckley goes out. With swanny there will be potentially 1 or 2 games he gets subbed off just don't see it this week but potentially against the tigers round 4.

Agree with Lucas wait till teams come out no idea what pies will do with there sub

14. crew

crew New Member

And hoping Lower doesn't get the nod again :(

15. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

Well it's quite simple, they travelled to Brisbane and DIDN'T put Lower as sub, and Freo won. They played at home with Lower as a sub, and they lost.

Pretty obvious to me, it all comes down to not having Lower as a sub... obviously.

16. suther

suther Member

Lower started on field and was later subbed off for Palmer.
    He was uninspiring and with Palmer as the sub was likely to find the pine for the rest of the match.

17. crew

crew New Member

@ Archillies lol well there that answers my question :)

@Suther now that I didn't want to hear :(.

18. Strawney

Strawney New Member

Who thinks which players might be the biggest chances to be a sub:

[*]Lower
    [*]Duigan
    [*]Otten
    [*]Libba
    [*]Heppell

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I honestly think its too hard to speculate and doing so will just give us headcahes. Just hope it doesn't happen to one of your less common players...

20. crew

crew New Member

It is hard but something that needs to be looked at. I'm trying to get a trend (Supercoach wise) as to who is the highest risk players to cop the dreaded green / red as if trading is starting this is some infomation needed before we trade players in. IE: older or younger mids, rookie or mid price, or both with averages that have dropped since seasons start ?. And thats only the tip of it. If life was normal I'd compile a list so far but as I can get on for no more than 1/2 an hour at a time (work is very busy) then I'm using this as a guide.