Supercoach Punting

Discussion in 'AFL' started by deasend, Mar 18, 2011.

1. deasend

deasend New Member

Given all the time most of us invest in our SC teams and how many people in here that are also keen punters, just curious as to where people thought the value was in the Supercoach markets Sportsbet have framed.

Given they are all on total points, not highest average, being able to play all 22 becomes a priority, because there will be players in the group that don't miss a game.

Personally, the best value I think is:

Defenders: Enright ($12). Barely misses a game (missed 2 games in the last 5 years) and has averaged around 100 in the last 3. Broughton ($10) value if he plays the full season as well.

Ruckmen: Jolly ($7) Smaller field in this group. Averaged 100 in the last 10 games of the year last season and has played the full 22 games in the last 5 seasons while the likes of Cox and Sandilands regularly have missed games.

Forwards: Don't trust Chappy to play a full season. Nick Volt ($6.50) is the one I like, so consistent and before last season very durable. Buddy ($7.50) is looming up for a big season but not sure he is consistent enough to top Nick over a season, his career best season of 107 still isn't enough to beat Nick in any of the last 5 years. The smokey of the group looks like Goodes ($11) who has played the full season in 9 of his last 10 years, and has averages of 120 and 114 in his last 5 seasons so is capable. Some great pre season form, will give you a show at that price.

The midfielder group is a raffle, I have no idea.