Swan dive

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hippy, May 23, 2011.

1. hippy

hippy New Member

Reckon there's anything going on with D Swan? His ave is still very high, but you can't deny the declining trend. Last 5 rounds ave about 110, and sliding.

Is he a) injured b) unfit c) more effectively tagged d) getting bad service in the ruck e) actually human f) bogged down by tattoos g) missing Presti?

2. Beauy

Beauy New Member

He definately looked to be carrying something today. He took quite a bump from a hip in the groin/stomach area, took sometime to get up off his knees and went off but came back on seconds later.

To me it looked like he copped one in the nuts.

But minutes later when he had a set shot on goal he was wincing somewhat when going back for the kick.

As the match progressed he seemed less willing to kick and wanted to handball more.

I'm not saying this one bump caused anything but I think the man may have some groin trouble and by groin I mean his plums are OK.

3. jb

jb New Member

Its a worry but for now just take the C off him and ride it out. If he is still tanking at their next bye (rnd 13?) then possible trade out (who would have thought! About as likely to predict as the Eagles 180 degree turn this season)

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

As ive said for past few weeks he isnt getting weighted for his 30 odd cheap possessions and it reflects in his scores.

5. DC

DC Member

Possible trade out? No way!

He will come good - He will score 150 when we take the C off him

6. clackerz

clackerz Member

Well this is working for me as I always planned to get him in after the bye - so his price should be still pretty tasty by then.

7. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

he'll be back and we'll all love him again

8. TopHeavy

TopHeavy Member

Seeing him drop a sitter at the end of the 3rd quarter summed up his afternoon. Very out of character.

9. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

After the Cats game, I recall Malthouse saying they have been practising different rotations systems to imitate losing a player to injury. Probably just a temporary SC scoring drop due to coaching "experiments". He should come good as they peak for the finals, hopefully he is cheap as chips after his next bye.