Taylor Adams (mid) GWS

Discussion in 'AFL' started by BrockyFreo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Can anyone tell me what your thoughts are on this Taylor Adams from GWS? Why hasn't he played til now and will he keep playing?

I'm needing a downgrade target in the forward and don't much like Pfeifers Job security..

2. VanderHaar

VanderHaar New Member

hard to tell with choco and sheeds he might get 12 games straight or be rested next week

i think gws are not intent on winning a game this year , just certain structures and short term goals and they seem to have the players fitness/health for next year first in mind

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

From a review pre-season -

TAYLOR ADAMS

Height: 179cm
    Weight: 80kg
    Position: FWD/MID
    AFL Dream Team Price: $125,700
    SuperCoach Price: $136,600

With no official injury list to go from, it is hard to understand why Taylor Adams has not played any games this pre-season. One can only assume he’s injured and it has not been reported, because going into this season, I saw Adams as one draftee who would’ve been ‘AFL ready’.

For the Geelong Falcons in the U/18 comp, he averaged 102 AFL Dream Team points from nine matches. He clearly can find the football, and he has a very good inside game.

With the wealth of midfield options the Giants have at their disposal, it is hard to see Adams getting any early games, especially with no pre-season form behind him whatsoever.

Summary: Wait. He has a handy MID/FWD link that could be vital later on in the year when he gets a go.

Adams is a highly rated players and has a track record of ball finding , albeit at lower levels. For mine he'll play a few games now he's in the side and is well worth consideration as a forward downgrade target.

4. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Been averaging 101 in the neafl this season, reckon he has a fairly higher ceiling than D.Smith.

5. jibba

jibba Member

Pass from me, doesn't suit my BYE structure with so many GWS & ADELAIDE players in my forward line
    Paying an extra 20k also doesn't help his cause

I need Tom Couch!

6. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Probably going to bring him in for D Smith this week to be honest. Rather him than Dell'Olio or Pfieffer

7. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Yes I concur on Tom Couch, would love a $94k rookie right now to offset D.Smith's crap price, problem is even if he does get a game I can easily see him being a sub.

8. Seabass

Seabass New Member

Hasn't Adams been charged with assault for an incident down in Geelong? I can kinda see that affecting his JS at some point. I'm surprised he hasn't been suspended indefinitely by GWS while it's all sorted out, a la Hibberd last year with Essendon.

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I intend to get Adams in next week for D.Smith. I have him written down as a downgrade target, probably from back when I read the review that chris88 so kindly dug up!

He will re-open my FWD-MID link which is handy. Jump on!

10. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Adams got in a fight in a night club and was subsequently suspended (of sorts) by the club (I am from Geelong). Will get games seeing as he was the 11th pick in the draft and is a mature body, very AFL ready. Would have played round 1 for sure.

11. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Great reviews guys, very helpful! Just glad there are no STAY AWAY comments so I will see how the weeks plays out!

Cheers

*thought the same thing about couch = Sub

12. powerpete

powerpete New Member

Had adams from round 1. Traded out adams for treloar last week because adams wasnt getting a game.
    typical!