Team Checker

Discussion in 'AFL' started by boydshow, Jun 24, 2011.

1. boydshow

boydshow Guest

Just a suggestion for another new gadget for the site - it would be handy if we could plug in our teams and automatically check who is and isn't selected to play that week - and whether they are on the field, bench or extended bench.

I would also use this for fantasy teams from other sites, so it would be good to be able to load a random group of players and get it to report back to you each week. Showing you the SC scoring of the players after a completed round for this purpose would be amazing :)

Would anyone else see this as useful, or is it just me?

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Hey griff, do you mean like the green dots, red dots, orange dots on SuperCoach? I may not be getting it though.....it already tells us who is playing in SC, with
    Green Dot - Playing
    Orange Dot - Extended Bench/Emergency
    Red Dot - Suspended
    Nothing - Not Playing
    Band Aid - Injured
    If i'm wrong I just dont get what your asking.....

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

We used to have those green and red dots a couple of years ago, but generally everyone knew which of their players were playing or not! :D

That said though, I'm currently working on a new feature which will require me to enter the teams that are playing, so it's definitely something that will be making a comeback sooner or later. :D

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

You sell those dots to SC and DT walesy?

5. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on June 23, 2011, 19:47
    Hey griff, do you mean like the green dots, red dots, orange dots on SuperCoach? I may not be getting it though.....it already tells us who is playing in SC, with
    Green Dot - Playing
    Orange Dot - Extended Bench/Emergency
    Red Dot - Suspended
    Nothing - Not Playing
    Band Aid - Injured
    If i'm wrong I just dont get what your asking.....</blockquote>

Yeah that's the one mate. Only I think that will be restricted to Assistant Coach/Supercoach Gold subscribers next year, reading the cheeky little disclaimer off to the bottom right.

It doesn't tell you about extended bench either, orange is strictly emergencies. In the case of Richardson this week, you've still got to check manually to know what coverage you've got when planning trades and deciding who to start on field - assuming he is playing with the green dot there is actually quite dangerous.

What I'm suggesting could apply to other fantasy sides as well, such as footytips, sportsbet, yahoo, fox sports, superleague or champions league, that don't have the lights there.

Sounds like Walesy has it in the pipeline which is awesome :) Cheers Walesy!