Team decimated...

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Wallaby, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Wallaby

Wallaby New Member

ok, after looking fantastic for the year, the last 4 weeks have destroyed my team. Thank god Pendles, martin and goddard are all back this week!
    Anyone have any ideas as to the probable injury time for:
    1- Ryder
    2- Maric
    3- Waters
    4- Darling
    5- Franklin

The rucks are my main concern as I have cover for the front and back,
    Down to very few trades left but 246K in the bank. Big O and Sam michael on the bench...no idea what to do!

2. Astro39

Astro39 New Member

Ryder will be another 4 - if you have Redden he's adequate cover given he outplayed Lobbe on the weekend. Maric was basically just rested on the weekend with a groin niggle and will be back this week. Waters at least another 3, lots of people have traded him out though - would be an interesting POD, don't like their finals run however. Darling will likely play this week, and Franklin I'd say would be another 3.

I think if I was in your position with few trades I'd just wait it out, depending on how you sit in your league and prospective matchups etc - if you have cover for Ryder especially. Ryder will be another month as I said, and the Bombers don't have a good run home, but with few trades if you have cover just wait it out.

3. graeme

graeme Guest

Decimated? I think not. The object word refers to one in ten Roman legionnaires being killed in battle. SC is serious but perhaps not quite at the level you suggest.

4. Fish

Fish New Member

Well to be fair Chels, he has lost 1/6 :p

5. graeme

graeme Guest

well put Fish. But is 1/6 injured 1/10 dead?

6. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fish on July 17, 2012, 19:59
    Well to be fair Chels, he has lost 1/6 :p
    </blockquote>

Matthew 5:22

But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister[a] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’[c] is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

7. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

<blockquote>Quote from chels on July 17, 2012, 19:40
    Decimated? I think not. The object word refers to one in ten Roman legionnaires being killed in battle. SC is serious but perhaps not quite at the level you suggest.</blockquote>

Are we at "Too Serious" or "The history of the Roman legionnaires"?

In answer to your problem Wallaby

Get rid of Ryder, Mcevoy or a West Coaster in.
    Get rid of Waters, Shaw or Carrazo in.
    Hold Franklin, Darling and Maric.

Good luck, injuries have decimated many a team ths year, including mine. Heres hoping the General doesnt strike later too.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

Perhaps Tigertime you might have answered Wallaby's question "Anyone have any ideas as to the probable injury time for" the various players?

In time the beauty of words and the precision of their meaning may dawn on you. But then again, perhaps not.

9. Tigertime

Tigertime New Member

Considering Astro39 had already answered that question I thought giving some solutions to his trade problems was a good idea. "down on trades", "no idea what to do" - so precise yet some cannot comprehend. Alas, you can lead a horse to water eh Chels.

10. malbi

malbi Member

Buddy will miss two more weeks. He will be back in Round 19 against Geelong.

11. bkw77

bkw77 New Member

Just read in herald sun Maric has been carrying a groin problem and will be managed through the rest of the year - OP??

12. thegob

thegob New Member

what chels wrote was lamo

13. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Wallaby on July 17, 2012, 16:17
    ok, after looking fantastic for the year, the last 4 weeks have destroyed my team. Thank god Pendles, martin and goddard are all back this week!
    Anyone have any ideas as to the probable injury time for:
    1- Ryder
    2- Maric
    3- Waters
    4- Darling
    5- Franklin

The rucks are my main concern as I have cover for the front and back,
    Down to very few trades left but 246K in the bank. Big O and Sam michael on the bench...no idea what to do!</blockquote>

funny how time can change all bad situations!!! 3 of the five above are IN!!! franklin another two and ryder maybe 3 more but he's young and fit...

dont be surprised though if darling or waters are late withdrawals this week

14. Wallaby

Wallaby New Member

Many apologies for the tardy reply, been out with the flu.
    All suggestions greatly appreciated, but I think after seeing who was named I'm going to wait it out, waters was traded by most so will be a great pod for finals, ryder well I'll just wait and see, I've waited 2 weeks so one more wont hurt!! Buddy is definitely a keeper, if Maric scores drop then I'll consider an upgrade of stepehnson as I dont have redden...traded him 3 weeks ago for Maric fortunately/unfortunately...still to be determined!
    Still projected to win all of my leagues bar one..but I play the bottom ranked sides the next 3 weeks so will be fine there...was just hoping to crack the 2500 for the first time!!
    Tahnks for the feedback gents, greatly appreciated :)