Team Of The Round - 3043

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Silverback, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback New Member

good evening all,

This week's TOTR was a real struggle... Only just cracked 3000 and was well over budget resulting in a fair bit of shuffling to get in under the $10m salary cap. To score 3043 you needed:

Gibson - HAW - 130
    Taylor H - GEE - 123
    Reid - SYD - 122
    Shaw - COL - 119
    Gibbs - CAR - 118
    Harbrow - GCS - 116
    Smith - WCE - 107

Del Santo - STK - 348 (c)
    Hodge - HAW - 163
    Pendlebury - COL - 160
    Hartlett - PTA - 155
    Thomas - COL - 146
    Blair - COL - 125

McEvoy - STK - 142
    Goldstein - KAN - 138

Franklin - HAW - 132
    Gray - PTA - 125
    Davis - COL - 124
    O'Keefe - SYD - 121
    Zaharakis - ESS - 110*
    Brown - BRI - 110
    Steven - STK - 109

bench of $91,700 no-namers with $40,200 in the bank.

You'll note the asterisk next to Zaharakis... Feel free to swap him for Monfries if you prefer. :)

The original team came in at 3063 and $302,400 over budget!
    I was forced to substitute:
    DEF - Newman (RIC) 116 for Smith (WCE) 107
    MID - Swan (COL) 132 for Blair (COL) 125
    FWD - Cloke (COL) 113 for Steven (STK) 109

So, my sincere sympathies to Newman, Swan, Cloke, Monfries and North Melbourne supporters.

Last week's TOTR dropped 1517 from 3170 to 1653 (mainly due to 5 donuts from players injured/bye).

Special mentions to:
    McEvoy (STK): second consecutive and 6th overall... actually, if you exclude the Saints bye in R14, McEvoy has made the TOTR for 5 consecutive weeks! That's as good as Roughead! :)
    Gibbs, Pendlebury, O'Keefe: 5th overall
    Shaw, Hodge, Thomas, Goldstein, Franklin: 4th overall
    (some quality names there...)

My team has 2 of this week's TOTR (Shaw and Franklin) whilst the winner of $1000 for the round (Dazza Granzza - 2576) had 8 players... 10 if you include Swan and Cloke!

Meanwhile my iScent team failed to crack 2000! Thanks largely to failures from:
    Fisher
    Ablett
    Giansiracusa
    Me (I included Jack Watts in my team!)
    My stupidity in the selection of Watts cost me a victory (by a mere 11 points) against my arch rival in the iScent comp. I'm glad it goes for one more week so I get another crack at it. Make sure you get your team in!

Good luck with your team and take care.

The Silverback

PS back to McEvoy and his 'five' consecutive weeks... hands up those who traded Sandi for McEvoy before R11!

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Cheers Silverback

Not a great week for me after polling 8 TOTRs last week i only have 2 this week. Gibbs & McEvoy with McEvoy Captain. That's 402 from those 2 players, which is around 17-19% of my team total of 2136 from just the 2 players. But including the players that you excluded due to salary cap breach, I would've had 4 adding Chris Newman & Dane Swan. That totals up to 650 points from the 4 players + captain from McEvoy, Gibbs, Swan, Newman. That's around 33-38% I think of my total team score evolving around just the 4 players!

Thanks Silver!

3. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Only 4 for me this week (Gibbs, Pendles, Hodge & Buddy), which no doubt explains my ordinary score.

Hard to believe you lost the iScent Silverback??.
    This arch rival of yours must be some sort of Genius,
    maybe they've been reading up on the TS site :)

4. Soda_Bull

Soda_Bull New Member

2 players, yes, that's right, ONLY 2 players! Lance Franklin & Dane Swan!!! But I think you should mention Brendon Goddard, scored more than Ashley Smith, i know you couldn't fit in because of the salary cap but should get a mention. In that case, i have 3. Even though you did go Newman>>Smith i can see how that works out because Newman scored more than Goddard but Goddard is more expensive yeah yeah i get the flow, but you could say that Goddard could've made it if it wasn't for the salary breaches...but then again he wouldn't of had the opportunity because Newman is back in....I'm confusing myself! Don't worry about this, LOL!

5. Rex_Go_36ers

Rex_Go_36ers New Member

@Silverback
    Just the 43 players this week. They were Shaw, Franklin & JBrown, if you add in the Newman/Goddard/Smith situation like Soda mentioned above, then make that 5 with Newman & Goddard.
    Using Sainter tactics on rough percentage & total score then I'll have a total of 585 from the 5 which makes up between 51-54% of my total score. using Heavy's post I had an "ordinary" score.

@Soda
    Interesting with Goddard, how about Embley? Scored 126 and would be in if it wasn't for the slary cap breach, but then Swan would make the cut. With Embley I'd have 711 from 6, making up probably about 62-67% in my best guess of my team total between 7 players. WOW!

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey DJ! im loving your mixing - super tight as always! any chance you been keeping track of the players opponents when they've made TOTR?

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

@Rex
    You mean 3 players, not 4?

8. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

We'll keep the comp running mate- cause hey, it's fun to try and beat the weekly best. :D Even though it'll be without the prizes. :D

9. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from walesy on July 13, 2011, 23:06
    We'll keep the comp running mate- cause hey, it's fun to try and beat the weekly best. :D Even though it'll be without the prizes. :D</blockquote>

You'll have to put an add out for a sponsor in the next writeup. It's definitely a great comp! would iScent not sign up for the remaining rounds? Surely they have some excess stock they need to get rid of.

10. kakarot

kakarot New Member

Hi Silverback,

I'm stoked I won the round in the iScent competition (especially after coming 2nd the week before), but how do I go about claiming my prize?!

Oh yeah, which fragrances are left?

Cheers

- kakarot

11. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Kakarot, you'll get an email from the good folk at iScent shortly mate. :D

12. kakarot

kakarot New Member

13. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Loving your work silverback

14. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

Yeah I only got 2 in the TOTR but 5th in the iScent. I smell like an onion so I need some fragrance real bad.