Team Of The Round - 3125

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Silverback, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback New Member

Good evening all,

Interesting TOTR this week I reckon... some good scores and some repeat performances from a few of the stars. To score 3125 you needed:

Newman - RIC - 154
    Lower - FRE - 146
    Rance - RIC - 130
    Bock - GCS - 128
    Broughton - FRE - 127
    Martin - MEL - 126
    Gibbs - CAR - 115

Montagna - STK - 154
    Ziebell - KAN - 151
    Thomas - COL - 146
    Pendlebury - COL - 145
    Swallow - KAN - 142
    Ball - COL - 141

Cox - WCE - 137
    Mumford - SYD - 118

Petrie - KAN – 314 (c)
    Fyfe - FRE - 138
    Podsiadly - GEE - 132
    Monfries - ESS - 126
    Petterd - MEL - 126
    Harvey - KAN - 115
    Hawkins - GEE - 114

bench of $91,700 no-namers with a mere $400 left in the bank.

Late Sunday afternoon I'd pretty much sorted out the TOTR and was just waiting for the Kangaroos-Bulldogs game to play out... The game ends and then all of a sudden I had to find room for 4 Kangaroos in the TOTR (didn't see that happening!). Anyway, this got me checking out the 17 TOTR's so far for the most players from one team in the one week... (more on that later).

Repeat player appearances from this week's TOTR:
    6: Gibbs (3rd consecutive), Pendlebury (2nd) & Fyfe
    5: Broughton, Daisy Thomas (2nd consecutive), Swallow (Kangaroos), Cox, Petrie & Boomer Harvey

Last week's TOTR was a massive FAIL! It dropped 1532 points from 3043 to 1511. (donuts for Gibson, Hodge and Franklin all contributed to this). Also, Shaw from Collingwood didn't play for some reason either so that's another zero. Funny that, I would have bet he'd make TOTR this week...

Personally, I traded Shaw for Talia and then Lynch for Fyfe which gave me 4 players in the TOTR (Newman, Lower (bench - aarrgghh!), Cox and Fyfe). The round winner (new year saints) scored 2715, $1000 and had 10 players make the cut!

In iScent I suffered another loss to my arch enemy... he fluked, I mean scored, a win by 83 points. Thanks to my stupidity making another appearance, I registed a zero with Kepler Bradley not playing.

Interesting points:
    - Richmond lost but had 2 players make TOTR, Gold Coast won and had only 1!
    - my arch enemy in iScent's mother was a hamster and his father smelt of elderberries, I fart in his general direction!
    - This is the third time this year the TOTR midfield has been 50% Collingwood (R4, R16 & R17)
    - search for a clip on youtube: AFL Legends Coaches - Jeans, Kennedy, Barassi and Hafey

Now, back to my note before about the maximum team representation in each week's TOTR. 4 occasions we've had 5 players from one club make the 22 listed in the TOTR for a single week:
    Essendon - R6 - vs Gold Coast (3 teams: bye)
    Fremantle - R9 - vs Port Adelaide
    Carlton - R15 - vs Richmond
    Collingwood - R16 - vs North Melbourne (3 teams: bye)

Good luck with your team,

take care,

The Silverback

PS Allan Jeans... what an amazing man. Check this out on youtube as well: AFL - Allan Jeans Tribute

2. Silverback

Silverback New Member

@ anthak

sorry mate, I never replied to your question last week... nah, sorry, I don't keep details on who the TOTR stars score their points against... One week I promise I'll do a WTOTR (Worst TOTR). Bet I get more players make that team than the good one!

3. TheOnion

TheOnion Member

As a TS newbie, Silverback I gotta tell you that a $10M TOTR (plus a WTOTR ...lol) is an awesome concept, and would have thought it has potential with major corporate sponsorhip to be a significant national weekly fantasy comp. Tried selling it to SC or DT ?? Or am I talking sacrilege?

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Loving the trash talk Silverback.

The team, as ever is far away from any that I'd enter int the IScent challenge.

5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Well done again! And no worries about opponent stats. Would be very interesting though wouldn't it.

6. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

6 for me this week Siverback,
    Broughton, Martin, Gibbs, Pendles, Cox & Petrie,

Just to keep the Pythonesque flavour going perhaps I (as your arch rival) should challenge you to a fish slapping contest!!

Happy to end this little battle locked on 2 all & move on to the Carcassconne.

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Thanks Silverback - was looking for it this week couldn't find it!

6 This Week;
    Chris Newman; 154
    Nick Lower; 146
    Greg Broughton; 127
    Bryce Gibbs; 115
    Leigh Montagna; 154
    Dean Cox; 137

Could have 7 if one of the $91,000 no namer was Ian Callinan!?
    Also trading in Pendlebury this week so could well of been the 8.

Those 6 contributed 833 from my team total of 2415.
    833/2415
    Over 33% of my score came from 6/22 players and none of them Captain!!!

Cheers Silver.