Terry Milera vs Rhys Stanley

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 11, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Thought with all the love for Milera thats around id post this in its own thread. I originally posted it in Round 2 Review.

For those considering Terry Milera you probably also need to strongly consider Rhys Stanley. Only 40K price difference (or there about). I have mentioned in another thread Milera would be better option but have since changed my mind after thinking about it bit more.

Break Even of -74 coming off 101 and 80. Has better job security then Milera and is used as 2nd ruck so gets hitout points aswell as playing forward and kicking 1 or 2 goals. Consistency is the issue but thats same as Milera. Everyone will be jumping on Milera so could be POD to gain you more points in meantime.

He wont be fighting for spot with Gram or Schneider when they get back in couple weeks aswell.

Not saying Milera is bad option, he will generate some quick cash but when our fixture gets tough in few weeks he might go missing and lose his spot, whereas Stanley will always get run in rucks and wont rely on goals to get points.

But after talking up Cripps id hesitate to trust me :mrgreen:

2. DC

DC Member

Thanks for making this more confusing :p

Do you think Stanley will score well when they play teams with a stronger backline? How much time has he been spending in the middle the last few games?

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

2nd ruck is a really important point. Thanks for this stkT :)

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

SKT - the massive factor with Stanley is job security.

As you say - Stanley is second ruck/forward and doesn't face anywhere near as much competition for his spot as Milera, who will have to fight of more established (but currently injured) senior players pretty soon.

Stanley is a great POD (currently in only 3.5% of teams). Milera in almost 6% of teams but that will jump massively this week you'd think as people go for the cheapest option of the two (Stanley about 45K more expensive).

I'm trading in Stanley for Coniglio this week and running him as F7 ... as well as being a cash cow he could be a medium term F7 given his job security .... might allow for maximum cash generation and a late upgrade

5. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Well, you can't get em all, but this was pretty impressive:

Jarryn Geary (Def)

Supercoach – $213K and Dream Team – $212K

During 2011 he only averaged 43, down from 65 in 2010. The drop in “form” was mainly due to being sub on couple occasions. Geary is currently having his best preseason to date. He is as fit as ever and it’s showing in all the endurance running and sprint work. He adds some pace off the back line that StKilda desperately need and can break lines. Is my early tip to have a “breakout” year in 2012.

Did you take him yourself?

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

I didnt take Geary in end as didnt fit my backline structure.

@DC with Bulldogs, Melbourne, Fremantlr in next few weeks still got easy games coming up. Also he will get 3rd best defender as Roo & Kosi wld take main guys I'd think.

7. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I've had Stanley from the start & bringing Milera in now too,
    with NRoo already there, that's a 3 pronged Saints forward line,
    which doesnt bother me, the Saints favourable early draw (next 3 are Doggies, Freo @Etihad & Melbourne)
    allows for both Stanley & Milera to mature and be sold before the Saints run into better opposition.
    They're both on the way to becoming prime beef.

8. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Main problem is Stanley has no football brain and has looked promising for 3yrs.
    He's played Port and Gold Coast - he's no Barlow!
    Saints will still struggle to make the eight, and once Ko-Shitske falls over again
    Stanley will have to take on better defenders.................. buyer beware

9. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

If Porps wasn't performing I'd consider getting Stanley.

10. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Gary, I reckon they'll both continue their form for their next 3 opponents at least,
    then for me, they'll emerge from their cocoons as Buddy :)
    perfect upgrade & timed for just when Buddy's price bottoms out.

11. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on April 11, 2012, 09:48
    Well, you can't get em all, but this was pretty impressive:

Jarryn Geary (Def)

Supercoach – &#36;213K and Dream Team – &#36;212K

During 2011 he only averaged 43, down from 65 in 2010. The drop in “form” was mainly due to being sub on couple occasions. Geary is currently having his best preseason to date. He is as fit as ever and it’s showing in all the endurance running and sprint work. He adds some pace off the back line that StKilda desperately need and can break lines. Is my early tip to have a “breakout” year in 2012.

Did you take him yourself?</blockquote>

I took Geary for some unknown reason maybe it was this post in the back of my head. Now thanks to awesome research (Eagles 2011) I can kill or kiss SKT. ;) :D

12. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Very nice find! well done Limo.
    Does anyone know what &#37; have Geary?

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I don't see Gram and Milera playing for the same spot, Gram plays a def mid role and Milera a fwd mid.
    Schneids is another 4 to 6 weeks away, by then Milera will have been milked.
    That said I have them both now in my DT and SC teams..

14. Len

Also, I am open to Stanley being a keeper, or along with Magner, one of the last rooks traded out.

15. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Is Stanley a keeper? Very interested as I really wanna get Cripps out but Milera might have to much trouble later on thats why I've been holding back on him

16. Len

At this stage no Gonaddz, but if he can hold form for 6 to 8 weeks he may be close.

17. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Gram & Schneids are aiming for Round 4 vs Fremantle so will be back before he has fully moo'd. Might not be direct compeition for same spot, but their return means other players get juggled around and in turn puts pressure on Milera... If that makes sense... Also Gwilt is no longer on injury list and expected by Round 5-6.

18. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on April 11, 2012, 17:34
    Very nice find! well done Limo.
    Does anyone know what &#37; have Geary?</blockquote>

I hope the glory continues. 5500 SC's or 1.65&#37; have selected Jarryn.

He also holds down second spot in the creative christian name stakes - current leader is Gerrick Weedon IMO.

19. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

After reading this...I have nearly been sold on Broughton->Geary! haha

My take from all of this fantastic info is:

I think Milera is the best option for quick cash (by rounds 6-8 when saints play hawks/WC/blues)

And Stanley the best option for slow-burn/semi-permanent F7 with higher JS

20. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

@ stkthunda and Ts members........Toughing it out in Brazil and haven't seen any Saints games/ afl games

Can anyone give me a bit more info

Is Kosi playing? If so is he just playing key forward

Also who is playing key back?

Where does Mcevoy rest?