The Fyfe dilemma

Discussion in 'AFL' started by shickered, Apr 17, 2012.

1. shickered

shickered New Member

I know there is already a "who will you trade in for Fyfe" post going but I think the dilemma goes a little deeper.... Well, for myself anyway.

Firstly, I have Fyfe in my FWD line and currently do not have a DPP link in the mids. I do however have Smedts in the backline and with $50k in the bank can pretty much get any defender I want (got Lids, Goddard and Carazzo) or almost any forward.

The problem is that at the moment I feel some premium FWD's (Stevie J, Chappy, ROK, Rioli etc) are underperforming and as much as I am sure they will return to form I'm not prepared to buy in at the premium price. Then there's the likes of Tippet, Whitecross, Crameri and Edwards who are putting up great numbers for their price but have a long way to go to prove they can maintain it.

So, is anyone else looking at different strategies? Maybe holding on for another week to take a look at someone or waiting til a gun drops in price? Ultimately I'd like to move Fyfe and a cash cow for a premium MID but it's far too early to be cashing anyone in.

Toyed with the idea of bring in Alex Rance on recent form. This would give me the top 4 scoring defenders.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated!