The Injury Thread

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Feb 29, 2012.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Reports coming from Melbourne are that he left training with arm in sling after injuring his shoulder. Hopefully not serious but once again proves you can't take risk on injury prone guys!

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Anybody please, is anthony morabito injured?????? from fremantle? any news on him? why isnt he playing nab?

3. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Yes Morabito is still while off. Look elsewhere mate!

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Ahhh! Thanks mate, I really dont know how some of you guys find this stuff... all the rookies I enter I seem to have doubts on after! To hard to know weather they will have a lock on their spot! :( Nervous now, I need to get my team right come round 1 and struggling to find the right rookies!

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from JPK on March 3, 2012, 19:17
    We may need to add Luke Shuey to the injury list. He was named in the Eagles team to play Port in Mandurah today but has been spotted walking around on crutches... apparently he rolled his ankle during training, so it could only be a week-long thing, but until further notice he's officially injured!</blockquote>

Honestly don't think Shuey's injury is anything to worry about - only a slight roll of the ankle & what I heard is he didn't play against Port mainly as a precautionary measure.

6. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Paul Dunn ? @pkd73
    BREAKING. Renouf has reinjured his knee and will miss rd1 and Lobbe is still listed 6wks away on off inj list. Opens massive door for Redden

Hey mods, anychance of pinning this thread to the top?

7. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Renouf is a :spud: anyway. Redden was already infront of him in the pecking order.

8. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Yep I think it will be a Redden/Stewart combo round 1 for Port. Everyone will have Redden though so not getting a one up on anyone.

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Aloof's injury has no bearing on Redden's chances SKT.
    The pecking order in Port's rucks was demonstrated with Renouf only getting about 25&#37; TOG against Freo.
    Redden - Lock Him In coz he'll produce for you - Mooooooo

10. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

Which two out of these three do I pick: Giles, Stephenson or Redden

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>Quote from Bearfly on March 13, 2012, 19:07
    Aloof's injury has no bearing on Redden's chances SKT.
    The pecking order in Port's rucks was demonstrated with Renouf only getting about 25&#37; TOG against Freo.
    Redden - Lock Him In coz he'll produce for you - Mooooooo</blockquote>

I know, i was just posting the tweet directly from twitter..

@Jacko, thats easy... Giles & Redden

12. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JackosDream on March 13, 2012, 19:12
    Which two out of these three do I pick: Giles, Stephenson or Redden</blockquote>

All three..but Redden has definitely gone past Stephenson in the pecking order if your looking at a 2.0.2 structure.

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from JackosDream on March 13, 2012, 19:12
    Which two out of these three do I pick: Giles, Stephenson or Redden</blockquote>

Depends on your premiums, rucks should be largely set and forget so you want to cover the byes, make sure you don't exceed two on any bye line unless you plan to spend a trade there.. Giles and Redden appear to be the biggest cash cows, and cheap bye coverage right now..

14. showstopper

showstopper New Member

Does anyone have an injury update on D.Shiel or T.Mitchell?? surprised there hasn't been more on these 2 as they were considered the top 2 must have young guns. Any word on how far away these 2 are?

15. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from showstopper on March 13, 2012, 21:06
    Does anyone have an injury update on D.Shiel or T.Mitchell?? surprised there hasn't been more on these 2 as they were considered the top 2 must have young guns. Any word on how far away these 2 are?</blockquote>

I think Sheeds is playing his typical funny buggers with Shiel's injury. Not much has been heard about him since he had his appendix removed via his foot (how else do you explain the moonboot?) And Mitchell has had knee tendonitis during the preseason. Neither of these guys look like playing the early rounds. Hopefully they last til the Round 7-8 upgrade window. I'd look elsewhere for my starting team.

16. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

<blockquote>Quote from crew on February 29, 2012, 11:03
    Grimes is a black cat that sleeps under ladders on broken mirrors !!</blockquote>
    LMAO ...That's Gold :)

17. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>LUCKLESS Hawthorn ruckman Max Bailey is facing another injury-enforced layoff in a devastating blow to the club's big man stocks.

Bailey, 25, is believed to have hurt his wrist, which could require up to three months on the sidelines to repair.

It is a savage blow to Bailey, who has undergone three knee reconstructions and managed just 22 games in six seasons.

Specific details of Bailey's injury are still emerging, but it is understood the club has begun informing key stakeholders of the development this morning. </blockquote>

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/mor...remiership-hopes/story-e6frf9jf-1226298923305

18. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Max bailey has been ruled out for 3 months with a wrist injury! Bad luck for the big guy, he can't catch a break! It opens the door for Lowden to play now as I doubt they will go into a game with only hale.

Broc Mccauley could be an outside chance, bigger body than Lowden and more senior experience coming from Brisbanes list. I doubt box hill's ruckmam Pattinson will get a run off the rookie list, but stranger things have happened.