Thoughts on trading a mid-pricer for rookie?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by MrNOYFB, Mar 29, 2011.

1. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

What are your thoughts on trading within the first 2 rounds before the players value goes either up or down?

Is trading out a mid-pricer/rookie that hasn't performed well, for a mid-pricer/rookie that has performed well a good idea?

Here is what i was thinking about doing;

OUT - T.Walker (Adl $300,100)(R1 score - 66)
    IN - A.Krakouer (Col $200,600)(R1 score - 102)

or

OUT - T.Walker (Adl $300,100) (R1 score - 66)
    IN - M.Walters (Fre $222,500) (R2 score - 96)

Also what are your thoughts on trading out a rookie that hasn't performed well, for a rookie that has performed well?

Was also thinking of;

OUT - S.Atley (Nth $108,600) (R1 score - 39)
    IN - E.Curnow (Car $107,700) (R1 score - 118)

2. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I would wait at least one more week before you make a trade, unless it's a player with a long term injury.
    Though I think you are going to have to bring in Krakouer before round 3. Though if you are able to hold off, perhaps just wait one more week to make the move. You just never know, he could get injured this week or something. So if you can afford to go without him for another week, I would hold off.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

The other strange thing for me is how did Walker get only 66 points when kicking 4 goals?

I thought his work was influential, but I guess he did nothing other than that.

I'd certainly wait on Walker. Looks the real deal this year. Would love to have him across half forward in the black and white.

Atley to Curnow is just like doing something like a trade in Mitch Robinson in past years only to find he gets the bottle of sars after 2 games and you are high and dry.

Wait at least a round on both of these, because though the scores might change the $ values stay the same.

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It's been said and just to reiterate - the ONLY trade that should be done this week is if you have JB (or for some odd reason Staker).

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

6. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Lucas on March 29, 2011, 08:49
    The other strange thing for me is how did Walker get only 66 points when kicking 4 goals?

I thought his work was influential, but I guess he did nothing other than that.

I'd certainly wait on Walker. Looks the real deal this year. Would love to have him across half forward in the black and white.

Atley to Curnow is just like doing something like a trade in Mitch Robinson in past years only to find he gets the bottle of sars after 2 games and you are high and dry.

Wait at least a round on both of these, because though the scores might change the &#36; values stay the same.</blockquote>

Yes I was surprised with Walker's score of only 66 with 4 goals to his name. I didn't watch the game though. I think you're right about hanging on to him, just not going to be able to get a look at another game before Krakouer's value goes up because Adelaide have the bye.

Other forwards are:

Sylvia, N.Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Goodes

The rest are rookies (Tapscott, Darling, McKernan, Richardson, Matera) and don't enough value to trade for Krakouer, and they're all worth hanging onto anyway.

If I do hang on to Walker and still want to get Krakeour the only option is Goodes I guess. That or give Krakouer a miss, in the forward line anyway.

7. Fez

Fez Moderator

Don't trade till round 3 regardless, I'd even wait a week to see who the best option for j brown is

8. DC

DC Member

No Trades this week please!

9. MrNOYFB

MrNOYFB New Member

Ok Ok, no trades!