Tipping comps?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by fidelsfinger, Jun 21, 2012.

1. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

I used to enter 6 different tipping comps & split tough decisions along the way so at least one would usually do well.
    This year I only entered 2, both because they were so much better value that the rest.

With tipping comps like triple m & 9msn, if you divide the number of entrants into the prizemoney,
    so that if the punters had to pay to enter, how much would they have to contribute each, to make up that prizepool,
    it ends up being 25-35 cents, this being the value of the entry.
    The bigger comps, with many more people but not with significantly more prizemoney, like the Hun's comp & the AFL's carlton draught tipping, they are worth 5 or 6 cents per entry,
    not as good value,
    but 2 stand out,
    Love My Footy & Sportsbet, both being worth over $10 each, so representing 30 x better value than the next best & over 200 x better value than the bigger tipping comps.
    Am doing ok, top 50 in both.

Halfway through the season,
    which tipping comp's did you enter & how are you travelling?

Also that baileys ladder prediction lottery,
    anyone have a shot at that?
    I almost didn't bother but put 1 in at the last minute,
    16 teams are currently within 3 places of where I picked them, but seems I was miles off with Saints and Sydney both doing much better than I expected.

Who do you need to lift or spud it for your remote millionaire dreams to remain possible?

& that total points prediction side comp Baileys has going,
    half way through last round was the halfway mark in H&A number of matches this season.
    Double those total points for the full season = 35626
    so the closer you picked to that number, the better chance you are atm, I'm almost 1,000 off that lol.

2. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

& lol @the dozen who'll now be trawling through 800 emails to fish out that preseason prediction entry :p