To Chappy or not to Chappy?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Matty_C, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

That is the question.

Most people wont have him, and with his injury history most people wont trade into him either. Is it worth starting him and having a massive POD? Or is it way too risky.

More importantly...will he even play?

2. naj

naj New Member

it'd be such a classy move if it came off, and its tempting. if i had the money, id certainly consider it. we know he can score, and score big, and he didnt have a huge injury last year like a few thought he would.

even with the mystery surrounding a possibly role change, i cant imagine his scores would drop too much. he would still be a damaging player, and he will still kick goals and rack up stats.

so if i had the money, id do it, but at the same time, im not going to find the money to do it. probably more cos im happy with my setup the way it is.

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Why would you have someone who's not even named as an emergency?

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

He's an emergency this week so "not to Chappy".

Get him after the Round 6 forwards mess. Chapman's injury is actually not a bad thing if it means that you can avoid the forward nightmare for the byes.

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

the same question can be asked about Hodge, i wont be spending that kind of money on someone who might not play round 1 and had interupted preseason till i know they have hit their straps

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

What Lucas said, perfect post6 upgrade target.

7. buzz

buzz Member

Ling,chappy and pods trained this morning, which the geelong addy is saying means chappy will not play.
    I'm looking at league wins so happy for him to sit out one and save the trade because I won't him in. Groin strains are better than hammies provided it is not OP.

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2011/03/25/250221_gfc.html

8. Rufus

Rufus New Member

I wouldn't pick him, uve got 4 extra trades this year, grab him when he comes down in price

9. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Not much chance that he will fly to Perth for next week perhaps either.

10. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Yea v.true man

11. crew

crew New Member

I got Chappy and still got 120K to spend....Dont want to sack him because even if I sold him I dont think the money would go anywhere better imo. Looking at keeping Chappy saving the 1st upgrade for one of my rookies. If I can get through the 1st 2 games at 1 all or 2 zip up then I'll be well ahead of my rivals....While they trade him in (if he's flying)I will be upgraing F5 or D5 and will be two weeks ahead of the pack. If he spuds it then it wont be so good but.........