TOTR - 3204 (better late than never!)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Silverback, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback New Member

good evening all,

sorry for the late TOTR post but I was ready to do it Monday night and then had to make a dash down to Melbourne for a few days (poor ol' Mum's in hospital)... But I figure it's better late than never as it still gives you 24hrs to analyse before lockout.

Anyway, to score a massive 3204 you needed this combo:

Hurn - WCE - 140
    Fisher - STK - 127
    Johncock - ADE - 124
    Gwilt - STK - 120
    Mattner - SYD - 118
    Broughton - FRE - 114
    Scotland - CAR - 113

Swallow - KAN - 386 (c)
    Pendlebury - COL - 149
    Bolton J - SYD - 148
    Robinson - CAR - 146
    Goodes - SYD - 144
    O'Keefe - SYD - 143

Cox - WCE - 166
    McEvoy - STK - 142

Johnson - GEE - 147
    Giansiracusa - WBD - 145
    LeCras - WCE - 144
    Roughead - HAW - 133
    Petrie - KAN - 124
    Yarran - CAR - 116
    Cloke - COL - 115

bench of $91,700 no-namers with $13,500 in the bank... however, this week's TOTR was by far the hardest to get in under budget. Initial team score was approx 3290 but $250k over! So, with this in mind, apologies to Ablett, Bartel, Podsiadly and Ottens who all had to make way for lesser priced blokes.

super special mentions to Fisher for his 7 appearance (second consecutive) abd Roughead for his FIFTH STRAIGHT mention (ugly man, but can score). Other mentions to Scotland, Goodes, Cox, Stevie J for making their 4th TOTR.

So, I only had 3 players in my squad make the cut (Goodes, Cox and Yarran)... really, really wishing I'd chosen Fisher at the start of the year and traded in Roughie 5 weeks ago.

Well folks, I best be getting back to my Buddy Franklin shrine... Need to keep the candlelight vigil happening to make sure he plays this weekend.

take care,

The Silverback

2. Golingo

Golingo New Member

Thanks, informative as always :)

Hope the Mum is well!

3. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Excellent stuff! Wish I had started Fisher over goddard and scottland over gibbs too!!

It is certainly going to get tough with the budget still at 10 000 000 from here on out. Though considering most people's team value is at 11000000 it might be ok to up the value a little. But obviously you are doing the hard work so up to you!

4. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Great read Silverback, light a candle in the shrine for me pls.

5 members this week, my best for the year (Broughton, Goodes, Cox, Pendles & Petrie)

PS Hope Roughie is not a regular reader of yr column :)

5. Zander

Zander Moderator

Awesome work Silverback. I usually read your post and skulk into the background due to my poor performances but this week I got 5 in your team. Fisher, Cox, Petrie, Stevie J and Pendles. Heres hoping next week I have 17 or 18 in the best?

6. Fez

Fez Moderator

Interesting u choose ROK n Goodes in mids I'll trust ur great work mate

7. Silverback

Silverback New Member

@Fez, yeah, initially ROK and Goodes were selected in the forwards (mid/fwd or mid/def MPP's are always selected in either fwd or def as there's usally a larger selection of higher scoring mids to take their spot). But this week's budget was a battle so had to bring in 'cheaper' players (Cloke and Yarran were the next best options, but it could easily have been cheap midfielders instead if there was any this round)

Also, my original post didn't mention how last week's TOTR performed... dropped 985 points from 3229 to 2244 which isn't too bad. Thanks in part to repeat performances from Fisher, Broughton, Stevie J and Roughead (that reminds me, have I mentioned I wished I had Fisher and Roughie?).

The round 11 winner (donkey punch) had 9 of the 22 listed players (10 if you include Bartel's omission).

Good luck for this weekend,

The Silverback