TOTR - 3214

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Silverback, May 25, 2011.

1. Silverback

Silverback New Member

good evening all,

Well, in a week of massive scores I would have thought the TOTR would have set a new record... but not to be. The midfield scores were slightly lower than usual (often 130 is the bare minimum). So, you needed:

Birchall - HAW - 146
    Lower - FRE - 143
    Scotland - CAR - 140
    Duffield - FRE - 128
    Goddard - STK - 127
    Rance - RIC - 125
    Newman - RIC - 124

Shuey - WCE - 154
    Montagna - STK - 151
    Thomas - COL - 151
    Murphy - CAR - 145
    Pendlebury - COL - 124
    Crowley - FRE - 123

Cox - WCE - 149
    Petrie - KAN - 123

Kennedy - WCE - 380 (c)
    Franklin - HAW - 146
    Riewoldt - STK - 141
    Mayne - FRE - 134
    Roughead - HAW - 121
    Waite - CAR - 120
    Pavlich - FRE - 119

As usual, bench is made up of $91,700 no-namers with $52,300 left in the bank.

Last week's TOTR dropped 1584 points from 3326 to 1742.

Special mention this week to Jarryd Roughead from Hawks with his third consecutive listing! Scotland, Newman, Cox, Franklin and Pavlich all make their third appearance for the year.

Just looking over all the TOTR's so far... Fremantle have had the strongest representation with 17 players making the cut. Richmond & Collingwood are next best with 16 players (don't forget that Richmond have played one more game). Port Adelaide on the other hand have only had 3 players make TOTR.

Anyway, good luck all, take care,

The Silverback

2. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I like this, keep them coming......haven't seen you do one of these before on here though....or is this the same team of the round that is selected by the "experts"?

3. Silverback

Silverback New Member

Hey Sainter,

yeah, I've been doing it each week this year... Basically I find the best players for each position that still fit in the SC $10m salary cap...

So, if you selected this team before the round 9 lockout you would have scored 3214 (and $1,000... and some massive bragging rights!).

Last week's TOTR score of 3326 is the best this year.

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

thanks, I'll need to look out for this more carefully...

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Doing well with these Silverback

Roughead certainly interesting since going in the ruck.

6. Corks

Corks Member

Roughie or Chappy for F6/7 now do you think?

7. DC

DC Member

thanks for that silverback

8. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Always good to read Silverback, I had 6 representitives this week which helped in almost cracking 2,400 (2,398). Could have got there had I had Lower playing but alas he was on the pine.
    Keep em coming & always interesting how much the pts drop week to week. I would have thought maybe a stable team would emerge by now.

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for another great TOTR Silverback.

7 from my team made it this week which helped me to a 2457, moving me up 4,000 places to be at just over 8k in the rankings.

If I can stay inside the top 10k for the rest of the season I will be pretty pleased seeing it's only my 2nd year playing & was lucky to sneak into the top 40k last year - and I put this improvement down to the great information from the fantastic community here at TS.

Keep up the great work with the TOTR Silverback.

10. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for another great TOTR Silverback.

7 from my team made it this week which helped me to a 2457, moving me up 4,000 places to be at just over 8k in the rankings.

If I can stay inside the top 10k for the rest of the season I will be pretty pleased seeing it's only my 2nd year playing & was lucky to sneak into the top 40k last year - and I put this improvement down to the great information from the fantastic community here at TS.

Keep up the great work with the TOTR Silverback.

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I think this team will slide less than others next week, as its made up of more 'typical' players than other weeks.

Except for Crowley, and maybe Mayne/Rance, you could feasibly see this team picked by someone.

12. Clutties

Clutties New Member

Nice work Silverback! I enjoy reading your TOTR each week, (I think I just worked it out...Team Of The Round! Yeah?!....how slow am I today?). And thanks for busting out a few stats, facts & figures. Always interesting.