Toying with Toy

Discussion in 'AFL' started by The_General, Jun 17, 2011.

1. The_General

The_General Member

Don't know if he's dead or in jail, but I haven't heard a whisper about Toy.

Got me toying with the idea of moving him to Strauss this week. Nets about $90k, but costs a valuable trade. Not sure if I can afford Toy and Hunt sitting on the pine together.

Thoughts?

2. DC

DC Member

Yeah I heard a little rumour that he is not enjoying his time at the GCFC and that he has had a bad attitude towards his footy lately...

On a side note i traded him out a few weeks back for Hibberd...

I would move him on if I was in your shoes

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Trades are valuable, the question is will this trade get you points, and how many?

Personally I would be confident Hunt will get you points if needed, maybe 40 or so, but better than nothing.

Toy can rot as long as you have a solid MPP between defence and midfield.

Strauss has been good, but his JS is not exactly stable with lots of Melbourne players seeking the option of playing a kick behind the play rather than getting in the middle or tough high-half forward role that they need a little more grunt in.

So for me, probably no trade. (And I'll let you in on a little secret. I have Toy, and I'm trading in Strauss this weekend for Thompson)

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

I done exactly the same as you DC, Toy -> Hibberd as soon as Hibberd was on the bubble.

I never expected to get too many games from Toy though considering Bluey McKenna went on record during the pre-season stating Toy would only play 8-12 games maximum this year due to the fact he missed alot of the VFL season last year because of schooling commitments.

Hopefully the whispers regarding him not enjoying his time there & having a poor attitude are unfounded because from what I have seen of him this year he has the potential to become a very handy player.

5. Kel

Kel Moderator

Haven't heard anything specific like DC, but a reliable source said that he has not been playing well and is a fair way down the pecking order at the moment. Traded him out a couple of weeks ago after hearing that.

6. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

keeper for mine. a trade is far to valuable to waste one trading one player for a rookie that may not have good js. and you would only have him there to upgrade which means its a double trade to do anything useful

7. meataxe

meataxe Guest

Depends on what position Toy is in your side.

If he is D9, serious thought needs to be made towards trading him, either to a safe cow or a premium.

If he is D10 and unlikely to be called upon, then just park him on the bench.

He is D9 for me and an enormous worry. If one non-MPP defender has a bye, I have no emergencies in defence...and if my D8s (rookies) are not named, then trouble as well.

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Is my d10 but bachelor is. D9 but also have Jacobs in the mids low on trades he'll rot just like pissoff will