Trade Broughton?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 23, 2011.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Okay so keep in mind this is Supercoach and I'm going for both League Win whilst trying for the highest rank possible.

I've got Greg Broughton, costs $438,200 and averaging 89.75 ppg. I have $149,500 in the bank and was just wondering whether to upgrade him or not? I could get any defender with the money I have, but working in Broughton's favour is that Freo's two byes come in multi bye rounds. If I did trade who should it be for? Who is the best defender available in terms of both league and ranking? Keep in mind I already have Goddard and Gibbs.

2. way2serious

way2serious New Member

Imo i beleive he could still push the 100 average and as i also have him i can tell you i am not going to trade him out just yet.

Also more likely instead of an upgrade i would for more of a sideways trade (don't tell me i know you should never) to the likes of an adcock or newman who both seem as if they could be in for big years and are certainly rising in price.

My reasoning behind not upgrading is simply that there is no real upgades from $438,200 who really look the goods atm. this is my opinion on it.

but if you are going for the league win i think def hold onto him a bit longer yet :)

3. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Enright or Deledio are both basically sideways trades though. I already have Adcock and I'd rather one of those two I just mentioned over Newman.

4. Sainter

Sainter New Member

Keep, i have him, his scores haven't been too bad, 98,94,90,77, of course none were expecting this low, i was expecting 105ppg! but I'll be keeping him even though, keep in mind he has been given a more defensive role this year, and the matches i have seen he has played on Steve Johnson and Lindsay Thomas, but...keep

5. way2serious

way2serious New Member

well yes if you are really going to trade then enright and deledio should both also be good buys. but again i stick by my opinion that unless it is because of their upcoming bye you should stick with him and not make any rash decisions.

if he hits form and averages 110 rest of the season that will hurt if you have traded him out.

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Who else is in your backline? Before trading Broughton to a guy who'll average 10-20ppg more, can you upgrade somebody cheaper (Rookie or Mid-Pricer) averaging 70 to a Deledio or Newman or Adcock who are currently averaging 30-40ppg more?
    Keep in mind that there aren't a great deal of defenders knocking up regular high scores this year.

7. Moonwalker

Moonwalker New Member

I traded him for Brodie Smith simply to gain extra stability in my forward line and have a lot of cash to upgrade before the rookies start to peak in price.

If you're going for the league win then hold on to him but my aggressive approach is simply to upgrade Knights and Krakouer asap to Fyfe and Pendlebury.