Trade out Jolly or hold on...???

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GlenS, Apr 6, 2011.

1. GlenS

GlenS New Member

Been tearing my hair out since Saturday, wondering if I should get rid of Darren Jolly or not. My side is reasonably good at the moment, but like many, got a rookie or two in the MID just not tearing it up as yet. No Curnow or Libba.

I am wondering if I should get rid of Conca from the MID and Jolly from the RUC, and bring in Libba/Curnow and Cox for the RUC.

As yet, have not used any trades, but I think this move may be better for the long term. Jolly worries me though. He has had a slow start to the year, and he appears set to lose quite a bit of value, whilst Cox will rise...(sorry, bad joke I know...)

What are people's thoughts on Jolly/Cox trade??

2. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

If you think jolly will make it back it doesn't really matter, but if you think he ain't gonna rise and will continue his current output it may be worth trading.

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

I'd do it, cox BE is negative so jump on

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Like Clark and Tippett last year unfortunately Jolly is terminal from a sc perspective.

Umps tend to be over officious early in the year affecting big Jols, but they go away later so he starts scoring ok again.

Still too many bad weeks like that one and with Wood 30+ hitouts and 20 disposals in the vfl... Even I can see a form rotation.

5. Jonny82

Jonny82 New Member

Slightly off topic but is cox a must have this season? Know hes started well an tempted to get on but plan was to start with Hampson as R2 to save some cash then downgrade to petrie after hes played his second game (Form permitting) and pocket the extra cash for upgrades later on. To get cox would need to downgrade Vince (adelaide) to curnow. Is this the better option??

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Jolly -> Cox is a good idea if you can afford it. Corrects a selection mistake with minimal damage before rolling price adjustments start to take effect.

7. spud

spud New Member

I'd be seriously looking at Jolly to Cox as well, Glen, if you can afford it.

It becomes a tad more tricky if you need to double trade to get the required funds, though.

8. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Jolly ----> Cox...GO!

9. gromanin

gromanin New Member

I've got Jolly as well but am about $10k short of a direct swap for Cox. Am considering going Swallow to Libba to get the required cash, if Libba and Swallow have the same avg and Cox outscores Jolly by 20pts per game (105-85) is this justified? My other mid cheapies are Harris, Buckley (for MPP), and Savage.

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I think Cox will outscore Jolly by a fair bit more than that, gromanin. Pull the trigger (on Friday!)

11. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

You can think of this double trade even as an upgrade from a midprice (Jolly) to a premium (Cox)

Though we haven't really seen Cox tested against another top ruckman, all we have to go on is faith that he is back.

The issue for Jolly is he's played against the same opponents as Cox and done sweet bugger all.

12. GlenS

GlenS New Member

The finger will hover over the trade button Friday arvo I dare say. OUT Jolly and Conca/Atley IN Cox and Curnow/Libba...
    Tough choices on the midfield replacements....

Conca (and the Tigers) have a tough draw ahead, and his price is considerably high for a rookie, who isn't quite setting the world on fire just yet. We all want cash, so downgrading to Curnow or Libba seems a good move.....

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Personally GlenS, I would pull the trigger on that trade (on Friday of course). I think your team will be much better for it.

14. Zander

Zander Moderator

@ GlenS

I've got 3 trades on my mind
    Jolly --> Cox
    Atley --> Libba
    Jurrah --> Dawes

I'm definitely doing the first one but while the other two seem ok, I'm not sure I'll make enough out of it to waste a trade. Any ideas?

15. WLF

WLF New Member

<blockquote>Quote from GlenS on April 6, 2011, 21:24
    The finger will hover over the trade button Friday arvo I dare say. OUT Jolly and Conca/Atley IN Cox and Curnow/Libba...
    Tough choices on the midfield replacements....

Conca (and the Tigers) have a tough draw ahead, and his price is considerably high for a rookie, who isn't quite setting the world on fire just yet. We all want cash, so downgrading to Curnow or Libba seems a good move.....</blockquote>

I'll be making this trade.
    Going to have to go Liberatore as I will be affected by the Carlton bye having Duigan, Judd & Gibbs and Curnow would kill me that week!

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Do you have Curnow already Zander?

If so, definitely go Atley -> Libba. If not, go Atley -> Curnow.

Not sold on Dawes. And thats a midpriced sideways trade, which is not a good thing! Sit on Jurrah for a bit longer, and potentially look to upgrade him to Didak or Chapman in the upcoming upgrade period(s).

17. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

GlenS - Conca and the Tigers' draw is the worst of anyone's in the first 4 weeks.

But it eases up dramtatically after Rd 4 - North, Brisbane, Freo, Bulldogs, Essendon, Port, bye.

Personally, if Conca keeps his spot the next two weeks against Hawthorn and Collingwood (and Hardwick seems to like his efforts thus far ... and there aren't a lot of guys knocking on the door to take his place) then his scores could well rise from Rd 5 onwards.