Trade values for 2011

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Iain (BlueBeliever), May 1, 2011.

1. This year the byes have got me thinking about different trading strategy, and I'm wondering if the 200 point per trade rule may need to be adjusted for the byes. Example:

Greg Broughton > Jed Adcock Round 6

Broughton Avg 90ppg @ $438,200 R6 score 0 post-R7 Est price $430,841
    Adcock Avg 113ppg @ $424,200 R6 score 100 post-R7 Est price $469,266

100 point immediate gain due to bye, $30,00 aprox immediate gain and then at current form over 17 rounds with one bye remaining each 340 points or $100,00 gain overall.

Does the 200 point trade rule still apply here, or do we need to factor in that almost every team has bye opportunities to trade in players at advantage to others and change it to say 300 points? Big difference as I see it as Broughton should improve and Adcock may well decline, making this trade a lot more speculative. Any thoughts?

2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

It hard to put a finger on it- whole the bye, particularly when it covers a ducksegg opens opportunities to get a significant boost in points for the trade, I feel that in the non-multibye rounds, with 3 bench spots, that finding these types of benefits will be lessened.

In fact, I was talking to Lucas through the offseason, speculating on whether or not having more trades and more cash generation would actually mean that with a better team upgraded to faster, with better bench coverage could actually mean that you head into the end of the season with a handful of LTI trades that only net you small amounts because you have excellent overage.

In short- if you spot trades along the journey that look to make you some sizable points, get on them- even if they are abnormal (though as always, trade smart, not just for last weeks points!)

3. Thanks Walesy, if you add the 100 points this week it makes a 440 point difference at years end but for a kind of sideways trade that seemed deceptively large