travis boak

Discussion in 'AFL' started by twestts, Apr 5, 2011.

1. twestts

twestts New Member

just curious what everyone thought of travis boak? owned by 5% of ppl (~18000 ppl), so not real popular... ive picked him and can see consistency but will he give me any big games or are port too crap to support him...?

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Give Boak a couple weeks to get back into it properly - had an interrupted pre-season with knee trouble first, then appendix out.
    Showed his class in trial matches against Tigers (50% game-time), Cats (70% gt) & GWS (70% gt) with high possession counts and multiple clearances and I-50's.
    Also looks more likely to kick a few more goals this season.
    Took a while to work into the game on Saturday, but ended up being one of the few mids for Port to help get them back into the game - just needs more support from other mids which will come - Hartlett almost ready to come back, Salopek out 1 more week then straight back, D-Rod starting to hit form, Gray working through midfield more this season, Banner knocking on the door for a recall, Broadbent working through midfield more, Ben Jacobs due to return from glandular fever with a few games in SANFL in a couple weeks.....
    Most people out there think it's a shit midfield, but it's inexperience that's the problem - of the players named above, only Boak, Salopek and D-Rod have played more than 50 games!!!
    I've got Boaky too and see him as a keeper coz he'll get better and soon be pumping out 100+ each week.

3. twestts

twestts New Member

cheers for the reply i like ur thinkin and ill stick with him surely things can only get better for port...!

4. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

Well i think he'll average 105+, first round he played against powerful pies midfield and against west coast was tagged by selwood who destroyed brent harvey the week before. And hes still managed 90 pg. He'll be a keeper

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Definitely a keeper guys, and with some more support in there will be racking up the numbers again - doesn't always get the #1 tag like he did against West Coast coz alot of teams use their tag on Pearce who spuds up whenever someone pays him close attention!!!

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

patience

7. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

^

Agreed

8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Brownlow - get on him.