Treloar or OldMac?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by H_Dons, Apr 28, 2012.

1. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Fyfe to Barlow is my 1 locked in trade this week.

I want to trade either Ledger or Dickson for 1 of Treloar, or Old Mac.

Opinions on which is the best combo?

I'm currently leaning towards Old Mac IN, Ledger OUT.

I just think that Dickson will get plenty more opportunities as a mature age recruit, while Ledger will get limited chances given the saints healthy list and current form.

Old Mac will get me more money short term, and when he gets rested I have plenty of cover. Am I missing something or does this sound alright?

2. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

Already burnt too many trades on my stupid ruck division so going to have to hold fyfe and pray he does what he did last season!

BUT i want to do the same thing and leaning toward Ledger -> OldMac...go for it!

Everyone else think we are mad???!!!

3. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

I went Ledger to Treloar. I think Old Mac might get rested a bit more than him, and the dpp factor pushed him over the line. The hardest thing for me was which one of ledger, smith or dickson to trade him out for, but in the end i think IF ledger eventually plays, itll be too late and he'll be the sub

4. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

H-Dons - consider trading crap Dickson, purely bc he is a waste of time, and ledger is a round 13 bye (valuable).
    Eventually ledger will come in and score.
    Mind you, Treloar in the mids opens up your MPP forwards.

With that said, McDonald will moocow the most.

Consider, then go on instinct!

5. AndrewW

AndrewW New Member

McDonald>Treloar

Why are you trading Fyfe? Seems ridiculous to me if he isn't a late withdrawal

6. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

@Swerva3
    I have only used 1 trade so I'm lucky enough that I feel 2 this week is ok!

Thanks to all for the feedback :)

DPP link is a very good point! Damn now I'm stuck haha

GaryReal, fortunately that isn't a concern as I planned for the BYE rounds and have no concerns there.

Verdict: Treloar = DPP advantage (Which I lost after my Fyfe trade stranded D.Smith in the FWDs)
    Old Mac = Superior mooing (required as Magner gets the chop next week for Pendlebury)

Looks like I'll just go on instinct aka stress out until 5mins before lockout :)

7. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

<blockquote>Quote from AndrewW on April 27, 2012, 18:58
    McDonald>Treloar

Why are you trading Fyfe? Seems ridiculous to me if he isn't a late withdrawal </blockquote>

Based on the fact I already have GAJ on the pine and Fyfe has a 209 BE and I can make the required money off the Barlow trade to get Pendles next week. And I don't trust Ross Lyin'

Next week will be the best opportunity to get Pendles and I'm not going to miss it! After I get him, my MIDs will look like this: GAJ, Pendles, Selwood, Watson, Swallow, Barlow :)

Hopefully all goes to plan

8. swerva3

swerva3 New Member

@H_Dons

Lets both stress out together!!! Thinking OldMac comes in so just going to now wait on Fyfe - make sure he's definitely in. Hopefully Hall might come in to to give me an EMG FWD...would be nice - might even play him in lieu of J Cameron...

Can anyone give me a quick snapshot of how to plan for these byes...havnt given it much thought which is bad i know - all ive done is spread the love over the 18 teams. Love some help here...

9. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I am not the best person to advise you as I'm fairly new to SC but all I did was this:

Before round 1 I picked a team that didn't have more than 2 premiums per line that shared a BYE. Rookies were allowed because they would be traded before the BYE.

So during the BYE rounds I will always have cover. However, depending on the situation (I will have J.Selwood and Watson both on the pine in RD.12), I may elect to trade a premium if the options are worthy.

If you find you have lots of players overlapping, Perhaps make sure you don't make it worse with any rookie upgrades.

Even take the BYEs into consideration when choosing between rookies on the bubble to trade into your team, in other words if you can't split them - use the BYEs to split them. This would apply to all other trades too, for example in the event of injuries, which is very likely the way things are going!

I'm sure people have much more technical plans, but unless your still in the hunt for overall, no need to worry :)

10. jibba

jibba Member

<blockquote>Quote from GaryReal on April 27, 2012, 18:35
    H-Dons - consider trading crap Dickson, purely bc he is a waste of time, and ledger is a round 13 bye (valuable).
    Eventually ledger will come in and score.
    </blockquote>

THIS.
    Exactly what I've done, Dickson is a Rnd 11 Bye AND not playing...
    Ledger is named E this week and is on the cusp of the side so I'm hopeful he can get games during Rnd 11-13