TS-Ladies League 2012

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by TerryinBangkok, Jul 31, 2011.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Okay, here's the chance of a lifetime ladies to just prove how good we know you are.

First off, we need a volunteer to put it together and be the Admin. So, if you are a Jo or a Jasmine or a Mrs chris88, or even a Mrs. anthak, have a good read of the Super Leagues thread and you will (hopefully) get the idea. Then jump in here and put your name forward to join if you want to go head to head with the guys in the other leagues.

Those registering an interest on here will then need to do a Friend Request to whoever the Admin is so she can contact y'all when the league is set up next year. And you can always come back to this thread over the summer for any news.

Know there are a lot of well hidden "Mrs" teams out there so let's put it together and aim for top 10.

2. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

Hi
    I think I'll give it a crack, looks like I've decided to sign in at the right time.
    I'll pass on the Admin as I'm a first time poster.

Previous Averages, Rankings, Highest Scores or anything else need to be displayed to be accepted?

Gabrielle

3. TerryinBangkok

No Gabrielle, anyone who is a Port supporter with such a nice name is automatically accepted.

You might also be interested in signing on for the SA league (if you live in SA) where you will meet our No.1 supporter, Bearfly. There is talk in there of possibly forming a Port league, so you would be a much valued addition there as well if we can make it happen.

Thanks and welcome!

4. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

Thanks Terry

Yes, I live in SA - I'll go and have a look at the SA forum now.
    Thanks again.

Gabrielle

5. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Hi TIB

Would love to join the ladies league - don't how the admin works as I am a bit computer illiterate, but if nobody else wants the job I'll have a go (as a last resort). Sitting 46th overall and hoping to get over 2,700 this week so I'm up to having a go against the boys with Jas & Jo on board hopefully we can be competitive.

Debbie (aka frostylane)

6. boydshow

boydshow Guest

<blockquote>Quote from frostylane on July 31, 2011, 17:00Sitting 46th overall</blockquote>

Think you might be the #3 ranked female, behind #3 Jade and #31 Sonia

7. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Oh Wow, pretty cool to be the no 3 ranked girl in the league. I hadn't realised that.

8. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

count me in! and happy to be the admin too if no one else wants to! have really enjoyed the TS community this year and very keen to stay on board!

46th overall?! welldone Debbie!
    Personally just smashed the PB with 2769 :D very happy!

Just to clairfy TiB, Is this for actual ladies or for the 'wife's'and '4 year old daughter's' team? I know there is a fiar few of those aroud the traps! but would be nice to have all ladies, and think we could fill a league or two easily.

9. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Thanks Julz you had a great score too I ended up on 2806 my best ever PB had NDS as captain and moved up to 34th.

10. homerj

homerj Member

Thanks Frostylane for pointing me in the direction of this forum. I'm keen to be involved also, let's show those boys who the real Supercoachers are!! LOL :p

PS- Don't be fooled by my username, just use it cos I like the Simpsons and my actual supercoach team name is quite long (007 Golden Guns). Anyway I am a female, my name is Julia, look forward to meeting some more girls who are as addicted to SC as myself!! :D

11. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

Hi All. Count me in too! I am beating all the guys at work. I love it!!!

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hi, obviously it would be great to have only girls that are Too Serious, but if you're short on numbers towards the start of next season, I reckon my sister would join up.

She is serious enough that she actually plays, and organises her team week in week out, but she doesn't fully understand the idea of upgrading the team to all premiums yet. But she'll get there.

I reckon she would really love to be in a league like this, but I thought I'd run it past everyone here first, cause ideally the league would be set up with women who are Too Serious.

Anyway, there's plenty of time to work it out. Maybe I'll just check in closer to the new season and see how the numbers are then.

13. TerryinBangkok

Man oh man. Read some of those scores fellas and tremble.

Great to see it coming together and think you can sort out your own admin as plenty of volunteers.

No rules, but since I was asked, I would say ladies first. Genuine supercoachettes. Then if you can't crack 16 (18), you can consider other options. Ant's sister sounds like a good addition and should do well as long as ant isn't coaching. Sure I heard ant say he was going to make her a donor as a sign of affectionate brotherly love.

Apart from all the head to head fun, the objective is to get the highest ranking you can for your league, to stick it up the blokes. So if anyone is a bit new, I suggest a collective helping out from the rest to help them build a strong team.

@homerj

Bloody good disguise! Please consider all swearwords and politically incorrect statements in previous correspondence as withdrawn. Good on you and even prouder now to have you as a 'friend'.

14. Gabrielle

Gabrielle New Member

Well done so far girls on signing up for it!

• FrostyLane
      Julz88
      HomerJ
      DamnFunky
      Ant's Sister (?)
      Gabrielle

5/16 (18) so far - 6 is Ant's sis is a lock in.
    Let's keep it up girls!
    Jump on and have a crack!

15. homerj

homerj Member

Aww shucks TiB, thanks for that.
    PS- Politically incorrect statements forgiven, and as for the swearing well I could probably beat the blokes in that too if I wanted to! LOL!

16. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Surely Jo would be in.

I'd say my better half Jodie would be good. She has slowly got her act together as her team "Supercoach Widow" has won 5 games in a row in her league. Gone from 2-7 (after I let her choose a team without that much guidance) up to 7-7 with a clash with P2 to get in the 8. Pulling out all stops to win this week haha.

Would have thought Jasmine might be a good addition given her thoughtful contributions as a Captains Choice weekly article.

17. TerryinBangkok

Thanks Lucas, Frau Rommel would be a most welcome addition I think the girls would agree (they might even get to read Best Buys before it hits the streets!).

Suggested Jo and Jas from the get go, but Jo has been a picture of domesticity of late and I hope I can help nail Jasmine during Captain's Choice.

18. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'll proxy for my better half - Jen - and definitely put her in for this league.

Has, for the second or third year running, outscored my rabble through savvy trades and well thought out strategies. Definitely chooses the right gun players and has an uncanny knack of getting good rookies on the park (as well as making good trades when injury strikes).

League wise she's had no luck in a couple of leagues but is right up there in a couple of others.

19. Jasmine

Jasmine Moderator Staff Member

Hi all, yes I am in! (And thanks TIB for posting in Captain's Choice otherwise I wouldn't have seen this because I am so damn busy!!).

20. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Wow ladies, what a catch Jasmine is!

Hoping we fellas still get all the good captains stuff!