[TS] Trading Games 2012

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by Julz88, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Hey Everybody.

For those of you who don't know, Last year we had a league set up where everyone started with the exact same 33 man squad and the aim was to see who could do the best based on their trading skills and captain and bench selections. Anthak put up a great write up for the league here http://tooserious.net/ts-trading-games-supercoach-league

It was very fun and interesting and I know there has been some talk around the traps of it happening again this year so thought I would get this started to see who is interested and organise the team etc.

Good Luck

NB: this does require you to start a second team under a second email address. Best done using a partner/child/parent/granparents details :)

2. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I would definately be up for this. Put my name down!!

3. Sainter

Sainter New Member

I'd be in for sure! Sounds exciting and I enjoyed hearing about it last year and reading Ant's write up, I'm super keen on joining.

4. maso

maso New Member

Looking for a new challenge this year, count me in please!

5. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I've created a league called '[TS] Trading Games'. If you are interested in playing send me a private message for the code.

Everyone must start with the same team from round 1. All players must continue throughout the season.

We can start to discuss the starting lineup nearer the season starts.

6. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Oh yeah, create yourself a new gmail/hotmail/etc or use a different one, unless you want this team to be your main team.

7. Sainter

Sainter New Member

<blockquote>Quote from warsaken on February 3, 2012, 20:20
    I've created a league called '[TS] Trading Games'. If you are interested in playing send me a private message for the code.

Everyone must start with the same team from round 1. All players must continue throughout the season.

We can start to discuss the starting lineup nearer the season starts.</blockquote>

Sorry, but I don't think you're running it, unless it's something different it should go in the Official SC Leagues thread..

8. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Was there one set up already??

9. Sainter

Sainter New Member

<blockquote>Quote from warsaken on February 3, 2012, 20:24
    Was there one set up already??</blockquote>

Well, first off they never said you could go ahead and make the league, I'm
    not sure on their view on that though, and they probably want to run it.. just saying.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I personally think this needs it's own thread Sainter. It's a lot different to the other leagues.

And it's great to see julz and warsaken tryin to get this started.

It was great fun last season. I can't go in it this season unfortunately. But I'm sure I'll be following it closely throughout the season to see how you all go.

11. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

Didnt know i needed permission to start a league. Like all the other [TS] leagues im sure there will want to be more than 18 people who want to do this.

If walesy/lucas/etc want to make an official one thats up to them.

12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Sainter on February 3, 2012, 20:29
    <blockquote>Quote from warsaken on February 3, 2012, 20:24
    Was there one set up already??</blockquote>

Well, first off they never said you could go ahead and make the league, I'm
    not sure on their view on that though, and they probably want to run it.. just saying.</blockquote>

I would have expected that julz would end up setting the league up as she set up this thread and was in the league last year too.
    I must admit I was a little surprised to see that someone else set it up. But it's a minor issue, and surely doesn't matter. Everyone will end up in there anyway.
    Anyway, that's just my thoughts, and I'm gonna stay out of it now. I'm not even in the league this season

13. Sainter

Sainter New Member

So do we get the code off warsaken or is Julz or someone setting it up?

14. suther

suther Member

However this gets organised, I'm keen to join.

I enjoyed anthak's writeup and am committed to the full season. I'm too much a SC junkie to not last it out.

15. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

let's just leave the league code for a bit - doesn't really matter who has set it up, just think it's a bit soon. let's get an idea of who's keen first and if we could have more than 1 league and all that. And once we have people sorted out we can figure out filling up leagues. There is no rush - we have 49 days still and will be a secondary team for everyone so don't need to 'save' one of the 5 league spots!

good to see we have some interest so far!

16. Thunda

Thunda New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Julz88 on February 4, 2012, 11:23
    let's just leave the league code for a bit - doesn't really matter who has set it up, just think it's a bit soon. let's get an idea of who's keen first and if we could have more than 1 league and all that. And once we have people sorted out we can figure out filling up leagues. There is no rush - we have 49 days still and will be a secondary team for everyone so don't need to 'save' one of the 5 league spots!

good to see we have some interest so far!</blockquote>

Good call Julz, I'm keen to be in the mix agaian. Next port of call after numbers firm up, would be make up of team. Thoughts on this people.

My thoughts on structure. Do we want more MPP players in the side this season, to help with mid season byes. :cool:

17. frostylane

frostylane New Member

Hi Julz, thought it was a great idea last year so I would be keen to give it a go this year,

18. shanaz

shanaz New Member

This sounds fantastic! Id love to have a crack at this

19. J_in_Japan

J_in_Japan New Member

I'm keen too Julz

20. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Count me in too, sounds like a lot of fun